Sunday, July 31, 2022

AVR Weekly News ~ 453rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 452nd Edition
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 454th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: 
  • Sunday - Hubby and I moved all the scrap wood from the start of the new project and the old stairs to the back then lounged around. Too damn hot out there.
  • Monday - Mowed and took Mr Puggles for some updated vaccines. Contractors back at it, but late starting. Mom had her last test and the Dr. said there is no cancer in her lungs or lymph nodes. Yay! So, Monday she has a meeting with her oncologist to hopefully get a treatment plan for the stomach cancer.
  • Tuesday -  Captain Kirk had a wellness check up then the contractors came out. Again with the lateness. WTF A storm rolled through so they left. Came back later and another storm rolled through. Fuck Ma Nature.
  • Wednesday - Contractors came back out (I now think they are allergic to 8:00 or 9:00 starts) but it stormed in the afternoon, so they left. Seriously, between the weather and the fact these contractors don't feel like showing up until 11, 12, 1, this thing is never going to get done.
  • Thursday -  Groceries and the contractors were back out  again. They worked until after dark, but didn't quite finish. Maybe if they had showed up at 8 or 9 they could have been done by 6:00 and I wouldn't have been trying to inspect it in the dark with a flashlight.
  • Friday - Contractors were back out to do the last little bit I insisted they do (and they should have done, for fucks sake), but it finally got done!!
  • Saturday - The usual Saturday cleaning and some outside tidying of leftover materials from the front porch project. Then hubby and I sat on said new front porch and drank 4 beers which is more than I've had in a very long time. lol
  • Today - Rained early morning. New porch roof leaks. Pissed.
Touching Nature: Hot and humid. So gross. It rained every single day in the afternoon. Tuesday it rained multiple times. I mowed on Monday morning. And died. My ghost has taken over my blog.

Book News: Nope

Don't Touch That Dial!: Started Supernatural season 9. Anna and I watched more Disney/Pixar movies Tangled, Frozen 1 & 2, Brave, Monsters University, Monsters. Inc., and Big Hero 6.

At the Flicks: Not yet.

Cyberspace Playground: Still Wordle and Zen Match

Randomness:  

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: These things shall pass.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

None

5 comments:

  1. "My ghost has taken over my blog." <== ROFL

    Seriously, though, what a week! I'm so glad to hear the positive news for your mom - no lymph nodes especially is really positive!

    OMG those contractors. You'd think being outdoor laborers in this heat the would WANT to start early before it gets so hot! And to take so long and still have a leaky roof! Oh I'd be pissed too. I hope they will fix it. But yay for a porch and 4 beers :) Sounds really nice (except that would be wine for me lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for Disney movies!!! I can watch just about all of the above mentioned ones over and over.

    Have a good week ahead!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contractors are the worst. I finally mowed in bits yesterday. I really should get out there and do the trimming / edging today. It's just not going to stop being hot for awhile. That's great news about your mom.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear re: the good news - no cancer in the lungs or nodes!
    Hope the weather improves soon!
    Take care and have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, hello, ghost blogger! I can't remember the last time I wasn't a sweaty mess. It's so hot all the time!

    ReplyDelete