Sunday, July 10, 2022

AVR Weekly News ~ 450th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 449th Edition
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 451st Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: 
  • Sunday - The thing at bro's house was moved to Monday.
  • Monday - Weeded mom's flowerbeds then took a shower and went over to bro's house for some nomnoms and visiting. My oldest brother and my niece (who lives in the apartment above his garage and has a job near where he lives) were able to come up from Southern Ohio and my eldest spawn made it over. Mom was happy to have family surrounding her. It was the 4th anniversary of my dad's death. This did not make anyone happy. Also it was the Fourth of July here in 'Murica.
  • Tuesday - Rain was moving in so I packed my shit and hit the road a little earlier than I had planned in hopes of outrunning it. I shouldn't have bothered. It rained all the way to Charleston WV. Then it was a torrential downpour as I came off the mountain from VA into NC. So I skipped that first rest stop that I usually pit stop at. That last stretch of driving ended up being something like 3.25 hrs. Ugh. Made it back home around 4:00. I started an audiobook as I left mom's and it finished as I turned down our road. Perfect timing. Mom's app't with the cardiologist went well and she's feeling more optimistic. Thank goodness.
  • Wednesday - Spent the day getting caught up on stuff. Worked outside for a bit in the afternoon transplanting some tomato plants. Holy fucking shit it was so hot and humid. 
  • Thursday - Grocery pick up and still getting caught up. 
  • Friday - Worked inside on stuff cuz fuck that weather out there.
  • Saturday - Did the cleaning and some other shit.
  • Today - It's supposed to be a fuckton cooler so I'm going to mow first thing in the morning.
Touching Nature: Why is it so fucking HOT and HUMID?! Who do I have to kill to get some exterior AC?!

Book News: I finished another audiobook but nothing else. I have also not written any reviews yet.

Don't Touch That Dial!: On season 5 of Supernatural. Lucifer is walking free! Way to go, Sam.

At the Flicks: Not yet.

Cyberspace Playground: Still Wordle and Zen Match

Randomness:   Pterodactyl because I think it would be hilarious to fly around shitting on things.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: 

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your trip went somewhat smoothly. I love listening to audio while traveling. I don't remember it being this hot and humid other years. Yes hot but not so humid as this week. I was glad it finally rained yesterday though because everything was dry. I was going to try to mow but it's too wet for me. Tomorrow will be hotter but hopefully dry. I hope you are feeling more in sync now and can enjoy this week.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nugget of wisdom and it's absolutely true!

    Have a good week and happy reading.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your visit went so well and that your mom's appointment gave her some optimisim - that's a good sign. What a pain about your drive home though :( I hate driving in the rain. Yay for an audiobook - that's one good thing! When it's BAD rain I get nervous and need silence... guess maybe the rain was non stop but not scary bad.

    Have a great week! Love your nugget of wisdom. How great the world would be if people did that, huh?

    ReplyDelete