Tuesday, April 12, 2022

If She Had Stayed

Kaley Kline is thrilled to have landed a job as director of the new Tesla Museum in Colorado Springs. To make the museum successful, she searches for undiscovered works to display. When she finds an old safe that might have been Tesla’s, she’s shocked to find some diary pages supposedly written by the inventor himself.

Kaley initially thinks either that the journal is a fraud or Tesla was experiencing a nervous breakdown when he wrote it. However, if his experiments were real, the world will never be the same. She decides to secretly build Tesla’s time machine and attempt to go back into her own life to change a decision she has always regretted.

She prepares for a trip to the past, not knowing whether she will electrocute herself or travel back to the Boulder of her sophomore year in college. But an old boyfriend might have hidden some secrets from her—secrets that could have her fighting for her life.

 
Book source ~ ARC. 
My opinion is honest and voluntary.
17 February 2020
Time Travel
284 Pages

My Rating ~ 1 Bite
DNF @44%



Kaley Kline is the director of the new Tesla Museum in Colorado Springs. She’s been working hard to find pieces to display and thus make the museum a success. When she finds some old inventions and a diary explaining a time machine she can’t believe her luck. Now all she has to do is test it and see if it actually works.


Ok, wow. I must say, I tried to like this book. I read and read before giving up the ghost at 44%. Kaley is one of the most selfish, self-centered, unlikeable main characters I’ve read in a very long time. What a douche. I kept reading just hoping she’d turn herself around and get her head out of her ass. But I couldn’t stomach her any more. She keeps secrets, thinks everything revolves around her, and when she decides to test a dangerous piece of OLD equipment she’s going to go back in time and fix something she thinks is a mistake. In her OWN past! Not only that, she’s bringing some sketchy dude from her past with her! She obviously does not care how this will impact not just her own timeline, but everyone else it touches along the way. S-e-l-f-i-s-h. 


I quit reading and I don’t care what happened. I cannot stand her (or her dickwad old boyfriend) and I’m going to pretend I never read this.



No comments:

Post a Comment