Sunday, February 27, 2022

AVR Weekly News ~ 431st Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 430th Edition
  • Wednesday ~ Tour ReviewBeneath Cruel Fathoms by Anela Deen
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA Finalists #'s 10-7
  • Monday ~ Tour ~ 10th Anniversary of Red by Kate SeRine
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Review ~ Odriel's Heirs by Hayley Reese Chow
  • Thursday ~ Tour Review ~ Blood of the Lost Kingdom by Kristin Ward
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 432nd Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Anna's room is mostly organized. I need to mount the tv to the wall but I think I'll have hubby help me with that as I think it's going to be a tad tricky. I have a cut out for her door for the cats, but it's been raining so I can't take her door down and cut it outside. This week is supposed to be nice, so hopefully that'll get done. She came home from Tennessee on Thursday and was so surprised to have her room all put away. Jess did a great job! 

Trip and I finished his and Kyle's room and they moved their PS4 & 5 back there. It's so weird not seeing them in their chairs, gaming on their computers. Though they still do that for part of the day. LOL

I got a letter from State Farm saying they are not renewing our home owners insurance next month because Vengeance bit Andrew. I guess if we had put him down it would be business as usual. All these years with no claims and now they're like fuck off. WTAF

So, Russia has invaded Ukraine and we have Americans thinking this is awesome, that Putin is ridiculously clever and smart.  They are the same people who cheer when Republicans say the Dept of Education should be abolished. I just can't with these people anymore. Could we just shove them all into a space ship and shoot them to Mars?

I'm so far behind on my reading it's making me really really cranky. But I'm at a point now where I can sit and read a bit. I still have a million things to do but they are little things and aren't any kind of time crunch or in my way (too much). I can walk in my house again and that's good enough for me. For now.

Touching Nature: Rain, rain, go away...actually, just fuck off for awhile. Okay?

Book News: Slow going here, but a tiny bit of forward progress is being achieved. 

Don't Touch That Dial!: Still watching The Mentalist. Need to watch The Book of Boba Fett.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope.

Randomness:  Yes. Always.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: You can do everything right and still lose.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope


NetGalley



Kindle First
February Pick
I didn't realize we could get two this month, so last week had the first one and here's the second. lol




Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

None

3 comments:

  1. Hope you find time for all you have to do this week. Reading is always a great respite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaat? What does V biting A have to do with homeowner's insurance???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! I'm way behind because Olympics and other reasons. I'm spending too much time reading / worrying about Ukraine. I hope Putin suffers consequences for his unprovoked attack. I do feel sorry for the Russian people. I felt sorry for us when we had the former guy. They are all narcissists and in it for themselves, power and money. I do appreciate how much of the world is supporting Ukraine in a variety of ways. Here's hoping things improve and quickly, there's been enough death and destruction.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete