Saturday, July 17, 2021

Beguiled

 
My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Purchases
Freebies
Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
22 February 2021
UF | Paranormal | Humor
370 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites


Defiance “Deph” Dayne is a charmling. What’s a charmling you ask? Um, a super powered witch, I guess? In any case, charmlings are special and there are only three of them in the world at any given time. Deph seems to be extra super powered, but what does she know? Nothing because she only just found out she is one and at age 44 to boot. Learning this stuff on the fly is proving very trying for Deph, but at least she has help from her motley crew. Now, she just needs to be ready for the storm that’s coming. And maybe she could jump the bones of the hot wolf shifter in the basement? Pretty please? Nom nom nom!

This series is cruising right along with villains, magic, nommy hotness, humor, and mystery. Deph can be a tad bit annoying, but for the most part she’s humorous. Annette is a great best friend. Better than I would be after Deph altered my state of being. Roane is all hotness. Nom! In all honesty, I like all of Deph’s crew. The villains are a bit doofus-y though. But the longer I think about it, I believe this tale is meant to be more light entertainment than serious my-ass-is-in-mortal-danger type of stuff. Oh, there’s danger. However, it’s not pushing me to the edge of my seat. If that makes sense. Anyway, I’m enjoying this series as a getaway from real life trials and tribulations and that’s all that matters, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment