Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Bewitched

 

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
28 September 2020
Paranormal | Fantasy
247 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites

In book 1, Betwixt, 44-year-old Defiance “Deph” Dayne is thrown into the deep end when she finds out she’s a charmling. That’s a special magical witch for those who had no idea. Like me. If she thought her life had gotten complicated in book 1, just wait until this book! 

The characters of Darynda Jones are snarky, smartass, humorous, and scattered. What they are never is boring. While I don’t love this series as much as the Charley Davidson one (yet) I still like it very much. The world is fascinating, the characters varied and complex, and I can tell the overall plot is going to be across several books, probably the whole series. Both books 1 and 2 have had a conclusion, but the arc that hovers over them has yet to be solved. You know what I mean. Something big is coming for Defiance, but we don’t know who or when yet. In the meantime, Deph gets to figure her shit out with the help of her motley crew. A crew that grows a bit because she takes in strays. I’m looking forward to more in this series. Also, she has the coolest house ever! I want a Percy.

No comments:

Post a Comment