Monday, November 9, 2020

Once Upon a Plaid


Book source ~ NetGalley
Historical Romance
7 October 2014
352 Pages

My Rating ~ 1 bite
DNF @20%

Katherine Douglas runs to her brother’s home to get away from her husband, Laird William Douglas. William doesn’t understand why his loving wife has been so cold toward him and when she claims she’s going to seek an annulment he is staggered. Betrothed since they were children and married for four years he decides he just needs to court his wife. But she has other plans.

This sounded intriguing when I picked it up, but it fails to deliver. Mainly because William is an idiot. I mean seriously, a huge blockhead. And don’t get me started on Katherine. I understand the tragedy that keeps playing over and over in their lives, but her decision and her refusal to just have a conversation with her husband are just plain juvenile. I have sentenced them both TSTL and close the book on them. I have no desire to subject myself to any more of their company.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read that, I have read several books by her that made my day, but I guess you can't be good all the time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. It's a rare author who doesn't have at least one "stinker."

      Delete