Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Vampire Wants a Wife

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
31 October 2017
Paranormal | Romance
204 Pages

My Rating ~ 1 bite and a nibble

Shelley Linley runs a dating service and she’s been fairly successful at it. She just can’t seem to be as successful in her own love life. When an unusual application comes in where the guy says he’s a vampire she wonders if she can match him with anyone since he’s clearly delusional. Except…he’s not. Delusional. He actually is a vampire. And it turns out Shelley isn’t exactly human. Who knew?

I picked up this book because it sounded like a light and fun paranormal romance. I hate that I was wrong. It has a fantastic premise, but the execution is dismal. The characters are like those cardboard fans in baseball stadiums right now (thanks a lot, 2020) and the writing is abysmal. The plot is decent, but again, the writing just doesn’t deliver. It’s choppy, there are large areas with no transition at all, and the timeline is wonky. The dialogue seems a bit forced also. The best I can say is it’s a little bit cute and funny in spots and that’s about all there is. I do not recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment