Sunday, August 23, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 357th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 356th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle ReviewDoom and Broom by Sara Bourgeois
  • Thursday ~ Kindle ReviewBroom with a View by Sara Bourgeois
  • Saturday ~ Kindle Review ~ Clean Sweep by Sara Bourgeois

Page Forward >>>

  • Wednesday ~ Tour Review ~ The Beast and the Bethany by Jack Meggitt-Phillips
  • Friday ~ Kindle Review ~ Garters and Gargoyles by Nancy Warren
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 358th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Remember last week when I said I might have some good news to share? Guess what? Hubby has spent the last two+ weeks interviewing and doing tasks (including a drug test he had to do twice because he was too hydrated the first time - seriously, the Marine Corps taught him how to stay hydrated and the pee should be very pale yellow, but not for a drug test apparently LOL) for a job he applied for and on Monday he got the email saying he was hired! He starts tomorrow. It's a 2nd shift job, but he has orientation during 1st shift and probably training on 1st before he moves to 2nd.  After nearly a year working at a gentleman's club he's going back to manufacturing. Recap for those who weren't here last year when the shit went down: he was unjustly fired from his job of 25+ yrs last August before they admitted it was unjust and offered it back to him (in Sept!), so he just told them to mark him as retired since he had another job AND we were positive he would be returning with a huge target on his back and would end up fired again but with all their ducks in a row this time. As an aside, 1 of the 3 guys who targeted him has since been fired hahahahahaha!!!! Anyway, it's in manufacturing of which he has a fuckton of experience. It's M-F with an occasional Sat., great pay, benefits, and 401k. I'll know how good the bennies and 401k are after he goes through orientation. But guess what else? We're fairly certain benefits start tomorrow, his offical hire date. No waiting! How awesome is that?! So, he starts tomorrow and I'll have more deets next Sunday.

Guess what else? A job he inteviewed for in July called on Tues wanting to hire him. It's not as attractive. It's a contract job, F-S-S work 36 hrs get paid for 40. It's literally 5 minutes from here (other one is 25 mins) and more per hour. However, it's on contract where they may or may not hire him after and no benefits or 401k. So, he's really glad the other job hired him first since he might have taken it anyway even with the 4 month end uncertainty. Though with that job he could have still worked at the club. As it is he's putting in his notice tonight. He can't work nights at the club if he's working 2nd shift. He'll miss it. The work is easy and the people are nice. Plus, he gets to see a variety of bare ass and titties for free. LOLOL

We had the grandkiddos Friday for a sleepover. They were wound up Friday evening and hubby asked: Were our kids this loud? I was like, you worked 2nd shift every single day for years. You were never here to hear them. Plus, there were 3 instead of 2. In other words, YES. They were fucking loud. lol Also, for those who don't know, we have 3 other kids: mine from my first marriage-George (35), and his from his first marriage-Timothy (31) and April (29). The grandkiddos are her kids. Kyleigh 6, Boone 4 and Oliver almost 3 months. We did not have Oliver for the sleepover. When he's a bit bigger we'll bring him in for Grandparent Fun Camp. lol 

Touching Nature: Rain, rain, go away, we don't need any more fucking rain. I managed to get the mowing done yesterday and I got some beds weeded. My shoes were soaking wet when I was done from the wet grass. I fucking hate wet shoes/socks/feet.

Book News: I don't think I read a thing this week. Oh, wait. I think I read a stupid paranormal romance that I thought would be cute and funny. Nope. I still have something like 14 reviews to write and I'm 15 or 16 books behind on my Goodreads Challenge. Eh, I'll get there eventually.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Some Buffy/Angel, zero Perry Mason. Watched the Hurricanes get knocked out by the dirty rotten bastards, the Bruins. What terrible officiating during that series. Also watched the Indians. I noticed last night they have more cardboard cutouts in the stadium. I wonder if season ticket holders are getting theirs made and dropping them off. I'd still like to see more fictional characters in some of the seats. Come on! Make it fun!

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Not much of a nugget, more of an observation: how the fuck do I have any towels left when each time I wash them I pull a 1" thick slab of lint off the entire lint trap? I must have magical towels.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope


Freebies
Free at time of drafting. 
Gaze twice, click once.



10 comments:

  1. Great news regarding the jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is excellent news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Great news on the job front! I hope you hae a better reading week and get to enjoy your books!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to get some reading in this week. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  4. Yay!!! When you said you might have good news I hoped it would be a job for your hubby! Sorry no more free titties and ass though 😂

    I think most jobs start benefits right away these days. 🤔 I remember asking my current job back when I accepted what the waiting period was and being surprised there wasn't one. Anyway, I know getting good benefits will be a relief.

    Have a great week! Hope he has a good start tomorrow 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He went in at 7am and it's 4pm and he's not home yet. I'm dying to know about it. lol Most jobs around here it's 30 days or even 90. Which sucks.

      Delete
  5. Such fabulous news about his job. I'm very happy for you both. It's been raining here and will continue all week as we have two tropical storms heading into the Gulf. I guess I'll get caught up on Netflix and reading. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw the storms coming. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing any of them here in NC. Stay safe and as dry as possible!

      Delete