Sunday, June 28, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~350th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 349th Edition
  •  Monday ~ Tour ~ Crossing in Time by D.L. Orton
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Blood Walk by Melissa Bowersock 
  • Saturday ~ Kindle ReviewCastle Walk by Melissa Bowersock

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Kindle Review ~ Lies That Bind Us by Andrew Hart
  • Tuesday ~ Tour ~ The Angel of Evil by Kenneth B. Andersen
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Vampire Book Club by Nancy Warren
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight - TWR Ultimate Tour: Crossing in Time
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 351st Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Busy, not busy, very busy, then too much food. That's it in a nutshell. lol

Touching Nature: Some rain, mostly warm. I mowed and weeded and vacuumed my Pilot.

Book News: I'm so far behind it's not even funny.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Perry Mason on DVD still and I managed some more episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my rewatch. I made it to season 2. Yay for Spike!

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: I'm not saying I get inordinately excited when my favorite wine is on sale...oh, who am I kidding? I do get excited!


Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Okay, so I don't understand how wearing a mask to protect each other is suddenly a violation of our Constitutional Rights or how it makes us Communist. I swear people are fucking stupid. I don't give a fuck what politicians think about this pandemic, something we have never seen in our lifetime. They have ALL failed us. I'm listening to experts in their field. And, you know, I like to think I have a reasonable brain with common sense. Have you ever been talking to someone who is what I call a Wet Talker? They spray it when they say it. So, logically, if they are positive for COVID19 and are not wearing a mask where do those tiny infectious droplets go when they are in my personal bubble? In my FACE. Oh hell no. Personally, I'd be perfectly happy staying home 99% of the time. Since that is not always possible then what I want to see is...

1st, everyone wears a mask. 2nd, we stay the fuck away from each other. 3rd, wash hands! 4th, don't touch da face! The more people who wear masks, the sooner we can bring this bitch to its knees. Those who don't want to wear a mask, I hope you have your will up-to-date. Because this shit is going to get much worse before it gets better and, call me an idiot, but I prefer being overly cautious to being dead or a Long Hauler (someone who continues to have problems even after they have recovered). I'm only 52. Ideally I'd like to live to 100, thankyouverymuch.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope


Freebies
Nope

5 comments:

  1. I agree with all you said about COVID. Why is wearing a mask such a problem? It isn't and they are idiots. Because of this, we stay home. Stay safe and well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in complete agreement with you! We have had a bunch of lemmings who figured it was okay to cram themselves onto Bournemouth beach. My parents live in the area and the police reckon that over the short heatwave (3 days) over half a million people visited the beach. In the pictures, you cannot even see the sand... We live on the coast, but take care not to visit when loads of others are there. Have a safe, peaceful week:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you. Unfortunately, I'm stuck here in Trump-Town Arkansas so this little gal from California is the only one within 100 miles wearing a mask and it makes me hopping mad.

    Do these people also refuse to wear seatbelts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m with you, fortunately we don’t have the same issues here but I am still being cautious. I really only go out to do the grocery shopping and I keep my distance and use hand sanitiser.

    Wishing you a great reading week, stay well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the same here in Scotland, people always think they know best. I have seen so many videos over the weekend of people asking to see the manager because they have to wear a mask, its bonkers.

    ReplyDelete