Wednesday, November 27, 2019

May Day

Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
11 June 2019
Mystery | Suspense
225 Pages


My Rating ~ 5 bites

Texas Ranger Sam Cable’s boss has sent him to pick up a prisoner out in California and bring her back to Texas to face charges of murdering her cop boyfriend. So he takes off with his pilot, DPS Trooper Marlon Boggs and away they go. Sam hates flying in the tiny Cessna, but Boggs gets him there easy peasy and in one piece. They pick up their prisoner and head for home. And that’s where things get real interesting.

If you are looking for a smartass hero with stubborn to spare who can think fast on his feet then look no further. This is the story for you! The first couple of chapters set the scene and then it’s non-stop action until the end. What a ride! After reading book 1 April’s Fool, my fingers were itching to open this one because I just knew I was going to love it. Holy shit, was I right! Scott Bell really knows how to put the reader in the shoes of his characters with just the right amount of description to keep the flow fast-moving and not bogging it down. Awesome characters, an interesting world, ass-puckering action, and a mystery to solve are just what I needed to escape the daily grind. Bravo!

2 comments: