Sunday, October 6, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 312th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 311th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Tour ~ The Gilded King by Josie Jaffrey

Page Forward >>>

  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight: TWR The Gilded King Tour
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 313th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Not much going on that doesn't involve lots of paperwork and shit from hubby's job change. I can't believe it's been 2 months and I'm still dealing with this shit. Anyway, we did go to the Carolina Hurricanes home opener on Thursday evening. Other than traffic into Raleigh being FUBAR as usual, the game itself was fun and exciting. Many thanks to Trip who buys our tickets. :D 

In other news, it's finally October! I can decorate for Halloween now! And Kyle's 19th birthday is tomorrow! Also, it's October! Where the fuck is this year going?!

Touching Nature: Hot and dry. I mentioned hot, right? But the temps dropped Saturday. Wow. 70s are so nice. We still need rain. Badly.

Book News: Not much to report here. I have 1 review to write and I'm trying to finish up 3 books. I did just start an audiobook with the intention to: 1. get back to them because I miss them and 2. get my big white fat ass back on the treadmill. I managed 1 day this week, but I've been super busy, so next week should be better. I've also been a terrible blogging friend. I need to be better about replying and visiting and that should be possible soon. I've just been a bit overwhelmed lately.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Really liking Dexter. Almost done with season 1.

At the Flicks: Nothing. The guys want to see Joker, but I think I'll pass.

Cyberspace Playground: None

Randomness: 
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Do not, under any circumstances, direct a forceful stream of air from a backpack blower down a roof vent. My husband is SO lucky I did not divorce him.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle First
October Pick


For Review
Audiobook
Many thanks to Caffeinated PR Services



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.





7 comments:

  1. Urg... the roof vent things sounds like it was horribly messy. And I hope the temperature continues falling to something bearable - we are experiencing temperatures in the 60s still, which is spookily warm for us at this time of the year. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Carol I hope that all the paperwork will soon be finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the 70s lol. Audiobooks are my way to get things done and still get books a lot of the time. I've read and enjoyed Abbie Roads other series so I grabbed this one too. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I want more details about the roof blower incident. Like a video or play-by-play because it sounds hilarious and also, yeah, like your husband is very lucky!

    Isn't it amazing how much paperwork can be produced? For your sake, I hope you're almost out of the woods with everything from the new job!

    No worries about not visiting/replying to comments - we all have times where we can't be the best bloggers. I know I'm coming off of a year-long (maybe longer?) struggle! You've got a lot going on.

    Enjoy those audiobooks and treadmill ;) Also... I feel like I need to check on that book writing project you're supposed to be doing. I haven't been the best at holding you accountable, but I haven't forgotten :D Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are done with the paperwork soon!

    Wishing you a great reading week and good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUDE this year is going by way too fast. Like not only is it OCTOBER it's already ONE WEEK INTO October! The universe is torturing me because it knows the house is not ready for a baby & that I've purchased NOTHING for the nursery lol Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete