Sunday, August 11, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 304th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 303rd Edition
  •  Monday ~ Kindle ReviewStockings and Spells by Nancy Warren
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Godmachine by Jack Thompson
  • Friday ~  Kindle ReviewTrespassing by Brandi Reeds

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ Death Warmed Over by Kevin J. Anderson
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Tragic Deception by M.A. Comey & Linda S. Prather
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Chasing Graves by Ben Galley
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 305th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: I had my first real professional massage on Tuesday. Hubby bought me the voucher for Mother's Day. It was great! Was feeling pretty good then the rug got pulled out from under us on Thurs morning. No, scratch that. It was yanked out, rolled up, and tossed in a pit before being doused with gasoline and maliciously lit on fire. So, yeah. I'm not going to go into the bombshell we're dealing with at the moment. Just know that we are pursuing the aftermath from all angles. All prayers, posivibes, and good juju beans are welcome. I will discuss when I am able. In better news, the grandbabies were here yesterday. They brought laughter, chaos, and exhaustion. But it was good.

Touching Nature: It's been hot again. I mowed on Monday, which turned out to be the coolest day at 88º and cloudy. It poured Tues evening. I mean, buckets. We ended up with 2" of rain in about 30 minutes. It fucked up the drive which hubby fixed Friday. I finally managed to start burning brush Friday, but holy fuck it was 90º out and I was sweating buckets. I still need to burn some, kinda hoping to get it done today.

Book News: Not much to report here.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Some Psych, some Star Wars: The Clones Wars, and some Cleveland Indians baseball.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Life will drop a bombshell on you out of nowhere. You have two choices: you can let it destroy you or you can stand there and fuck it up instead. I choose the latter.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Another of my suggested purchases is in. Woot!



For Review ~ Tour
Many thanks to Caffeinated PR



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once. 


9 comments:

  1. Wanna Pumpkin Spice Margarita?
    I am sending all the pos juju I can. It's Bullshit!
    It's too hot to burn stuff *passes out* is it fall/winter yet!

    I hope this week is awesome for you Carol! Sending lots of Hugs! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sacrilege and I shall flog you with a noodle.

      It really is bullshit. But we're on it.

      I'm going to burn the rest today. Then it'll be done. uggghhh

      Thanks Michelle! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. I am sorry you are having to deal with so much right now. Life seems to be like that sometimes--hits us when we least expect it. The massage does sound nice. The closest I've come to a professional massage is when we had apprentice massagers come to my work place for a appreciation event. It was just a shoulder and upper back massage. I'm not sure that counts.

    I love the cover of Unearthed and hope you love it.

    I hope you have a much better week this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubby and I massage each other and it's nice, but it's not the same. What a difference! lol

      Delete
  3. Sending you so many positive vibes and hope that things get better for you. Unearthed has such a gorgeous cover.

    I hope you have a much better week.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We can only hope this situation gets resolved quickly.

      That cover is gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow I'll be praying for you! I hope things get better. I'm glad the grandkids were around to bring joy :)
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm sending powerful vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete