Friday, April 26, 2019

Stitches and Witches

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library
11 October 2018
Paranormal | Cozy | Mystery
216 Pages
                                                                                       
My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble


Lucy Swift inherited her grandmother’s wool shop in Oxford and next to the shop is the comforting there-since-forever Elderflower Tea Shop run by the spinster Watt sisters. When an elderly gentleman drops dead in their shop it’s up to Lucy and her vampire knitting group to unravel the mystery before it tears the sisters apart.

Ok, I really liked book one which is why I used my Kindle Lending Library pick for book 2. I’m glad I did! This cozy paranormal mystery is even better and had me forcing myself to put it down to do the boring adult stuff that comes with being a semi-responsible adult. I love the writing and adore the characters. The plot is twisty and turny enough to keep me guessing. Lucy has two hot guys who seem interested in her. Yum! The vampire knitting group tickles my fancy and the fact that Lucy can’t knit worth a damn and yet runs a knitting shop is hilarious in my eyes. My only complaint, and it’s a tiny one, is Lucy and her procrastination about learning magic. Seriously? Come on! I’d be all over that new ability and Lucy avoids it like the plague. In any case, I look forward to continuing on with this entertaining series.

2 comments: