Friday, December 7, 2018

Yeager's Getaway

Book source ~ ARC
My review is voluntary and honest.
6 November 2018
Thriller | Suspense
300 Pages


My Rating ~ 5 bites

Abel and Charlotte Yeager have finally found time to take a belated honeymoon. A Hawaiian cruise sounds like bliss, doesn’t it? Except that Hawaiian separatists and their foreign advisers have picked this exact moment to make their booming statement. Now Yeager is thrown into another fight for his and Charlie’s lives and with the help of a few good Marines he’s determined to win the day.

Wow! This is a rip-roaring ride from beginning to end! Honestly, I think the Yeager books should be made into action movies. They are that exciting. I don’t know any other way to describe this book than fan-fucking-tastic! But I’ll try.

Due to my love of books 1 & 2 I went into this book with high expectations. I can say with utmost certainty that book 3 does not disappoint. I love Yeager, Charlie, Por Que and the cast of characters they pick up along the way. Abel may be the star but the writing carries the reader along at a fast clip and the action is edge-of-your-seat making this one hell of a good read. I did have a couple of minor issues with it which did not interfere with my enjoyment of the story and one would be a kind of spoiler so I won’t mention them or it here. If you read the book (and why the hell wouldn’t you?!) then you’ll either spot them or you won’t. I also love the ending when it’s obvious that Yeager and Por Que are going on another adventure. I can’t wait!

Note: While this is book 3 in the series it can be read as a standalone. But why? Why would you do that?!


Bonus review by my husband (a Marine) who is not a writer of reviews:
I love it! It's action-packed and fast-paced and I have no major issues with it except for one instance of the term "ex-Marine". There are no ex-Marines. And a huge thank you to the author for capitalizing Marine. A victory for me and my fellow Marines in the world of editing. I also agree with my wife. I think all the books would make great movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment