Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Kindle Reviews ~ Witch At Heart

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


*Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library
3 December 2013
Cozy Mystery | Paranormal
234 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Norma Jean “Jinx” Hamilton inherits her crazy Aunt Fiona’s all and sundry store in the neighboring town of Briar Hollow, NC, but what she doesn’t realize until she takes up residence is that now she’s also a witch. How is this even a thing?! With the help of her best friend Tori, they figure things out as they go along. Can this really be her life now?

A cute paranormal mystery story that had me turning the pages to see what would happen next. The characters are likeable. Maybe too likeable and that’s my only complaint. Otherwise it is an enjoyable and entertaining read. I especially like Jinx figuring out her witchy powers and how she can help ghosts who are stuck on the earthly plane. The mystery is pretty decent, too. And creepy as hell. I will definitely be checking out more in this series.

Bonus points for being set in NC, my current state of residence.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cute and I love me a paranormal mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like when I pick a Kindle First or Lending Library book and I end up really enjoying it. :)

      Delete