Wednesday, October 7, 2015

BtVS: Season 9, Vol. 1 ~ Freefall

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ Freefall
Author ~ Joss Whedon, Andrew Chambliss, Jane Espenson
Illustrator ~ Georges Jeanty, Karl Moline
Publisher ~ Dark Horse
Published ~ 4 July 2012
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal | Media Tie-In
Pages ~ 136


My Rating ~ 4 bites

From Goodreads:
Season 8 ended with a bang that cut the world off from magic—culminating in another set of world-ending problems. Buffy has left her best friend, Willow, powerless, and brought an end to a millennia-long tradition of superpowered girls. By day, Buffy is a twenty-something waitress with no real direction, and even though magic is gone, she’s still a vampire Slayer by night. Bigger problem? Vampires are becoming an epidemic . . . of zompires!

First, the artwork…love it! Most of the characters look the way I expect them to and I love the new peeps. There was one guy I wasn’t sure who it was, but then I realized it was Riley. He definitely didn’t look right. Other than that, I loved it.

Now, the story…I was quite disappointed with Season 8, but being a fan I knew I had to continue on. I have to say this new season is starting off with promise. After the destruction of the seed, things are very grim for the magical community, but Buffy still needs to slay vampires. Unfortunately, she needs a job in order to pay bills, so she works in a coffee shop. She sorta has the normal mundane life she once wanted with a job and an apartment with roommates, but things are never what they seem. Zompires? Eldre Koh? Severin? Spike?  The groundwork is laid and it looks like things are going to be very interesting. I hope they continue to be so and that ending? Holy shit! What will Buffy do now?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment