Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kill Switch

Kill Switch ~ Neal Baer, Jonathan Greene
Publisher ~ Kensington
Published ~ 13 December 2011

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5

Claire Waters is a forensic psychiatrist. Todd Quimby is a dysfunctional screw up. Nick Lawler is a good detective going blind. Throw them together and you get a twisty turny mystery that needs to be solved.

This book is authored by two guys associated with Law & Order: SVU. I’ve never watched that particular show, but I do love Law & Order: CI and shows like CSI, Bones, Cold Case, Without a Trace, Monk, NCIS, etc. etc. So though I usually would watch something like this story on television I do like to read a good mystery every now and again.

This was a great story. The characters were believable, the plot twisty, the writing smooth. It started off a bit slow with some background info interspersed with the mystery, but I like info, so it didn’t bother me. Then when I thought the case was put to rest yet had half a book left to read I was wondering where this story was going. The case didn’t seem to fit together very well, as if we were missing something. Something important. The middle lagged a bit, but picked right back up when the trail got hot again.

I have to say the ending surprised me. I love not figuring out how a story is going to end. It drives me crazy…in a good way. I’d read more stories by Baer and Greene and hope they collaborate again.

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment