Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

First, I'd like to say that I have always wished people a Merry Christmas and I will continue to do so. This is America and I am not offended by any holiday greeting you wish to give me even if it is just 'Have a nice day.' I'm very happy and thankful you're wishing me a 'Happy' or 'Merry' or 'Wonderful' whatever it is you observe. That's so much better than 'Up yours', 'Go stuff it' or 'I hope you drop dead' wishes and I'll take them any day of the week.

Next, the holidays and starting a blog in late October have taken their toll on me. I am tired and now my throat is sore. Yikes! More tea, stat! I am also behind on my Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge where I have challenged myself to read 244 books this year. Normally, a very doable number since I'm a SAHM, speed reader and as long as the household chores are done (and sometimes when they aren't ~Shhh!) I can read for long stretches of time. However, I am only 8 books away and with the kids receiving an Xbox360 from Santa I am now only required to provide meals this week as my lovely children are occupied killing zombies on some island, using the Force, going to Hogwarts in Lego form, seeing which is superior-Aliens or Predators, answering the Call of Duty, playing with an Orange Box (I didn't ask) and doing some sort of secret assassins creed of the brotherhood thing or something like that.

Lastly, when I am not feeding the hungry hordes I will be reading, reading, reading, to make my goal which means I will not be posting reviews until after the New Year. That also means that, after Jan 1st, I will most likely have a new review daily until I have them caught up. Or I may post two reviews daily, one morning and one evening until I'm caught up. I haven't decided yet. Anyway...

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and it is my sincerest hope that everyone will have a safe and Happy New Year. 2012 is going to be a great year and this is why: it is an even year and it starts and ends with a '2'. I believe it, so it shall be. :)

KA'PLAH!!

3 comments:

  1. I've hope you've had a wonderful Christmas, as well, Carol!

    As for the sore throat, gargle with hot salt water. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. haha. I hope you're not coming down with bronchitis - it has made its rounds here a couple of times already, and it absolutely stinks!

    I hope you have a fantastic 2012! (I hope you're right about the "2" - *Raising my diet mountain dew up for a toast*) ♥

    May God bless,
    Trisha Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i will try again! cyber space seems to like eating my posts!
    This was a cool blog1 Warm honey and lemon juice for the sore throat!

    Hope ya get to relax and get your reading done!
    HAPPY NEW YEARS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Trisha & Cathy! I could've swore I replied, but see that I didn't. I must have been bleary-eyed from all the reading. LOL

    As you can see I did it! Yay! Now, I have many reviews to post, so stay tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete