Sunday, October 4, 2026

AVR Weekly News ~ 667th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 666th Edition
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ A Mischief of Rats by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett 
 
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ One More Hour of Daylight by C.M. Gray 
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 668th Edition 

Hello and Happy Sunday!



On the Home Front

Sunday ~ After the usual morning shit was done I fiddled around on the computer for a bit then as time got away from me, I decided I better work on my closet so I could get the Halloween plush tubs out. Trip brought the Halloween tubs to the back deck from the shed then slid them inside through the patio door. First I folded a load of towels and my bedstuff. I also finally emptied 2 bags of things I brought from the farm that have been sitting on the cedar chest in my room. Then I spent about 2 hrs moving things around in the closet until I was satisfied and as a bonus, I could get the rollaway in there again. Yay!  My bedroom is still a cluttered mess, but a bit less so now. I feel very accomplished and pleased with myself. Had steak and a baked potato for dinner and watched some CSI: Miami while I sorted out some of my Pokémon so I wouldn't have to use my in-game coins to buy more storage. Why do I still play this game? It takes up a ton of room on my now ancient (5 yrs?) phone. Bed by 10:30pm.

Monday ~ Anna on OT, but not Kyle, so I got up at 5:30am to take him to work. Used the Pilot since I forgot to check Kyle's Civic after seeing the low tire light on Thursday. Listened to my audiobook  on the way home and then climbed back into bed. Got up way too late. Oops. Did the morning thangs then got on the computer to do the Wordle and weed out the emails. Made a consult with an oral surgeon that's in my network (the US is so ridiculous) and did some laundry. Leftovers for dinner.

Tuesday ~ Trip and I did the grocery shopping and had lunch at Freddy's. Once home, I put everything away, Trip got the Kubota and we put away the deer corn and birdseed in the garden shed in time for me to go pick Kyle up from work. Still have leftover steak to eat for dinner. lmao Ordered Kyle's birthday cake online from Food Lion for 10/7. First time doing this so we'll see how it goes.

Wednesday ~ Trip had a dermatologist app't in the morning. Puttered around all day. Picked Kyle up at work. Anna had an after work consult with the oral surgeon I wanted. Kielbasa and fried potatoes for dinner. Chris spent the night. 

Thursday ~  I mowed after doing the morning stuff. Not too hot out. I timed it so I was in the shade about 98% of the time. Grass was wet due to dew, but not too tall so didn't have to deal with a clogged mower. Trip did not wake up to do the weedeating, but it didn't really need it. He can do a final pass next week. With the cooler weather in the forecast I might only need to mow maybe one more time. But then Leafageddon will begin. Pickled Kyle up at Anna's therapy app't. Brewed tea for the grandkiddos. Made boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, but forgot about them and they cooked a really long time. Oops. Trip and Anna went to Kyleigh's soccer game at 7:15 and afterwards I went to pick up Trip and the grandkiddos for a sleepover since they have a Teacher Workday tomorrow. Kyle decided to take tomorrow off. Boone said the eggs didn't taste good. Yeah, since they taste sulfury I think I'll just make deviled eggs (how appropriate) out of them and make fresh boiled ones tomorrow. 🤣

Friday ~ Kyle off but Anna had to go to work. Once everyone was up I made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. I made a 2nd batch of boiled eggs but made sure to keep an eye on the timer this time. lol After that I put boneless skinless chicken breasts in the Instant Pot to shred for the dogs. While that was cooking I baked Halloween cookies and chocolate chip cookies I got at Food Lion. Trip, Oliver, and I fed the critters. I moved Kyle's car and Trip and Oliver moved the old Christmas trees to the driveway. Dinner was popcorn chicken and mac-n-cheese. Chris came over. Once it got dark we sacrificed the 2023, 2024, and 2025 Christmas trees to the S'mores Gods. Finally! Anna left with Chris to spend the night at his place and I went to bed.

Wow. My phone camera made the security light look much brighter 
than it actually was giving this photo a surreal look. 

Saturday ~ Got up at 9. Kyle only one up. Did the morning stuff then worked on the computer for a bit. It's cleaning day, but didn't get started on that until much later. Around 11 started eggs and toast for breakfast. Good thing I bought 6 dozen eggs on Tuesday. lol Afterwards, piddled around doing not much until it was time to take the knee nibblers home around 2pm. Though they are probably too large now to call them knee nibblers. Or ankle biters. They grow up so fast! Was misty out and a bit rainy in spots on the way there and back. Got them their traditional McD's. Once home I started on the laundry room. I cleaned the water fountain first then the rest of the room and washed the petstuff. Kyle's turn to do litterboxes. While waiting for the floor to dry from mopping I got the pork roast going in the Instant Pot. Unfortunately, it's frozen so we will be eating very late. Fed the furries so Trip could walk the dogs then the boys could game. I cleaned my bathroom, Eevee's water fountain, and folded a load of towels and the petstuff. Washed some of the blankets in the living room. Made mashed potatoes and green beans to go with the pork roast. We didn't eat until 8:30pm. Ugh. I hate cleaning late and eating late. My feet hurt. lol Chris spent the night.

Today  Going to clean the living room so I can put up the rest of the Halloween decorations. Other than that? Who knows?

Mystery Tea

Monday ~ Cranberry Earl Grey Black Tea ~ Black tea, cranberries, orange peel, hibiscus, rooibos, bergamot oil, cranberry essence ~ best by 06/2023
We've had this before and it's tasty.

Tuesday ~ zip

Wednesday ~ zero

Thursday ~ Gratitude Blend Black Tea ~ Black tea, orange peels, blue cornflowers, strawberries, raspberry leaves, bergamot oil, strawberry essence ~ best by 06/2024 - Killed the bag
This is a favorite that we've had before. I know I have more bags in the drawers. lol

Friday ~ nada


New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ Probably half and half. Mostly audiobooks.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Mowed.

Touching Nature: It did not get as warm as predicted, but by Friday it made it to about 90ºF. Yuck. Saturday dawned cooler and misty then a light rain started in the afternoon. I mowed Weds. and we had a bonfire Friday. 

Book News:  Went through many audios this week. Wrote zero reviews. Eek.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Still watching CSI:Miami, but not really caring about it. lol

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokémon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.

Randomness:   Just sayin'. Make sure you're registered.


Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I'm sure many of you know this already, but it was only a few years ago I learned that if you substitute sour cream for milk in your mashed potatoes, they reheat without tasting like ass. How did I never know this? How did my mom never know this? Ok, if mom had leftover mashed potatoes she usually made potato pancakes for dad's breakfast/dinner (since he worked 3rd shift and ate around 8:30am, I never knew if that was his breakfast or dinner lol) and maybe never noticed how awful reheated mashed potatoes with milk taste. Anyway, I use sour cream, butter, and ranch dressing for my mashed taters.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.




Chirp
2 freebies



No comments:

Post a Comment