Sunday, March 19, 2023

AVR Weekly News ~ 486th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 485th Edition
  • Wednesday ~ Tour ReviewLesser Known Monsters by Rory Michaelson
 
  • Wednesday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ Bloodlaced by Courtney Maguire
  • Thursday ~ Spotlight ~ After the Burning by NS Ford
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA Finalists 11 & 10
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 487th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Happy Birthday to me.

On the Home Front: 
  • Sunday - Relaxed
  • Monday - Took Kyle to work. I don't remember what else I did.
  • Tuesday - Took Kyle to work. I really need to keep up with these posts.
  • Wednesday -  Took Kyle to work. I did...stuff I guess? lol
  • Thursday - Took Kyle to work. Grocery pick up. Ordered Dominos for dinner so we'd have leftovers for Friday.
  • Friday - Did the Saturday cleaning so I wouldn't have to do it on Saturday. Had some evening excitement. When I took Trip out to get his Pokestop around 11am we saw a strange truck at Irene's place. Irene was our reclusive neighbor who we found dead in her home (probably complications from surgery) on Mother's Day 2021. I called the sheriff's dept to report it and they investigated. The deputy called to say they know who the truck belongs to and it's not stolen. But I figured if they know him it's not in a good way. He also said that the grass looked mowed and there was a combo lock on the barn. Well, the neighbors mow her place to keep it from looking abandoned (did I mention her car disappeared a couple of months ago? Either stolen or finally repo'd?), but the lock was plain weird. Anyway, they said to call if we see anything else. Well, I can't see shit from our property, only when we drive by, but I guess the new neighbors who built a home directly across from her place reported activity because later that evening a sheriff's car turned around in our driveway with its lights on. Of course we went to check it out. There were police vehicles, both marked and unmarked, with lights on and they had a guy getting handcuffs on. Unfortunately I don't know the story. So I may need to finally stop and introduce myself and see what was going on. LOL
  • Saturday - Read all day. Kyle bought Texas Roadhouse take out for my birthday so we'll eat that today and tomorrow. When coming home from picking up the food, another strange vehicle (a car this time) was at Irene's. WTF is going on there?! Anyway, when I got home I called to report it and found out there was another call reporting it (probably house across the street) and an officer was already on the way. Seriously,WTF
  • Today - Today is my 55th and my oldest brother's 65th birthday. I have no idea what the day will bring, I want to read and maybe play some games on Trip's Switch. I plan on ordering Waffle House for breakfast and picking it up though.
Mom's week: She's still not keeping much down and has lost a lot more weight (she was 113 lbs on Weds!). Weds was supposed to start immunotherapy treatment but there was a fuck up with her insurance not approving it which is weird because she has the best insurance we've ever heard of. Thank you, unions! Bro filed appeal and others were working hard on it, so she ended up starting the treatment Friday. Weds she did meet with the oncologist and got an iron infusion as well as potassium (that takes 2 hrs wow) and some fluids because she was dehydrated. She has an endoscope scheduled for tomorrow to see if there is a blockage at the opening to her stomach, not allowing food to go all the way down. She seemed to take the immunotherapy well. Had a pedicure Saturday as well as a perm for her hair. She's all gussied up! 💓

Touching Nature: A little chillier than Spring usually is around here at this time. Rain on Friday.

Book News: I read 2 favorite books on Saturday and hope to read more today.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finished Cold Case and Obi-Wan. Started Murdoch Mysteries.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Zen Match, jigsaw puzzles

Randomness:  Iz me!

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom:  Mom said when she was in a bad mood, her grandmother used to tell her, "Well, you can just get glad in the same pants you got mad."

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

Nope

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had an exciting weekend. And good luck to your mom. Hope the treatment works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I hope you are having a great weekend. Wishing the best for your Mom.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a pretty good one. :) And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday and all the best to your mom.

    Wow! Those are some exciting goings on over at Irene's!!! You must find out more and report back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      IKR?! I'll see if I can stop and introduce myself to the new neighbors this week. I'm not much for socializing, but this is too good to pass up. LOL

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete