Sunday, January 26, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 328th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 327th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie
  • Thursday ~ Kindle Review ~ Full Moon Howl by Orlando A. Sanchez
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Burden of Truth by Kristin Ward

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ TWR The Friday Edition by Betta Ferrendelli
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle Review ~ Obsidian Son by Shayne Silvers
  • Thursday ~ Kindle Review ~ Full Moon Howl by Orlando A. Sanchez
  • Friday ~ Review ~ The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Burden of Truth by Kristin Ward
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 329th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This week sucked ass. Anna came home from work Sunday evening with the norovirus. After throwing up for nearly 5 hrs I took her to the hospital at 11pm. We were there all night. It was 5 hrs before we actually got a room. She ended up getting 3 bags of fluids via IV then they sent her home around 9am Monday with a packet of info. Well, she got up Monday evening and had several of the symptoms the packet listed as not waiting to see if they resolve so back to the ER we went around 9pm. Turns out her potassium was super low due to the continued diarrhea, so she got another IV of fluids, an IV of potassium as well as two horse pills, an IV of Pecid because she was complaining of of heartburn-like chest pain, and then 2 liquid meds, one for acid reflux and one for diarrhea. We ended up breaking out of there at 2:15am. I went about 43 hrs with no sleep. I was wiped out and I had a sleep deprivation headache. Also, my ass was killing me because those hospital ER chairs truly and absolutely suck. I slept about 4 hrs and then for all of Tues, I did tons of laundry with bleach added and wiped the entire house and vehicles down with bleach water. On top of all this I've managed to come down with a cold. But it could have been worse so...*knocks on wood*

FYI: Norovirus and other viruses in that family are only killed by bleach. Alcohol-based cleaners don't do shit, so be sure to wipe frequently used items like doorknobs, handles, light switches, etc. with bleach water every once in awhile. 

I've spent the rest of the week just trying to catch up. The reviews I was going to post this past week never got written, so they'll hopefully get done tomorrow and I'll post this week.

Touching Nature: We've had a cold spell at night. It warmed up a bit during the day, but got below freezing at night. Then, it decided to warm up just enough to give us rain and not snow. I'd like some snow before we skip Spring and head straight into Summer again. Is that too much to ask?

Book News: As of yesterday I had 14 reviews to write. Yeah, that number hasn't changed. lol Hope to knock out several today.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Had a bit of a Dexter season 6 binge. We have 5 episodes to go until season 7. I still have 2 episodes of The Witcher to watch. I'll get to them eventually.

At the Flicks: Not yet.

Cyberspace Playground: None

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: This week has taught me that I can survive anything. So, when things get shitty and you don't think you can keep going, just remember I said: Yes, you can.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle Unlimited



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, sucked ass is right 😩. I'm so sorry Anna was so sick - one trip to the hospital is bad enough, but having to go back?! That blows. I hope she's doing much better now. And you take care of yourself, make sure that cough doesn't turn into something worse.

    Thanks for the bleach tip! Dante has a wicked cough right now, but that, coupled with a snotty nose, is the only real symptom. So I'm hoping its just a cold. 🤞🤞

    Have a much better week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry ot hear that she was sick Carol! I hope next week will be way better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that Anna was so sick; what a nightmare. Digital hugs for both of you. I didn't realize the new Vampire Knitting club book was out, must go download! I hope this week is a healtiher, better week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad that Anna is now feeling better, but what a nightmare to deal with all the crap (figuratively and literally). Might be time for a spot of bleaching here!

    Wishing you a great reading week, and a long nap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah man sorry to hear that Anna got something like that, that sucks! Thanks for the info on how to keep it hopefully out of the house, I didn't know that. Hope she is feeling better!

    I am behind on reviews too, maybe not as many as you but man I hate being behind...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear it was such a rough week. I hope everyone is feeling much better soon. I am enjoying the mild weather. I am now listening to the audio of Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie and plan to finish and review this week.

    Have a much better week and enjoy your reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete