Thursday, November 7, 2019

Traveling Left of Center

Book source ~ NetGalley
9 September 2014
Anthology | Fiction
231 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites

There are 18 short stories contained between these covers and not one of them was what I expected. The stories are sad, shocking, surprising and, most times, heart-breaking. They start out one way and end completely different than I expected. By the time I was partway through the collection, I stopped trying to anticipate where the stories were heading and just went with the flow. While each one is a bit bleak for my tastes, there’s no doubt that Nancy Christie has mastered the short story with her wonderful writing and tight plots.

Story titles:
Traveling Left of Center
Alice in Wonderland
The Sugar Bowl
The Shop on the Square
Watching for Billy
The Healer
The Clock
Anything Can Happen
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Misconnections
Skating on Thin Ice
Still Life
The StoryTeller
Exit Row
Waiting for Sara
Beautiful Dreamer
The Kindness of Strangers
Annabelle


No comments:

Post a Comment