Sunday, November 10, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 317th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 316th Edition
  • Monday ~ ReviewDeeply in You by Sharon Page
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewA Vampire's Promise by Carla Susan Smith
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewAmorous Congress by F. Leonora Solomon
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Traveling Left of Center by Nancy Christie
  • Friday ~ ReviewDream Huntress by Michelle Sharp
  • Saturday ~ ReviewPast My Defenses by Wendy Sparrow

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ The Captive by Grace Burrowes
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ The Conjurer by Cordelia Frances Biddle
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ The Long Call by Ann Cleeves
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Guilt by Association by Marcia Clark
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Chop Shop by Andrew Post
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ The Fixer: The Naked Man by Jill Amy Rosenblatt
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 318th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!




On the Home Front: Seriously guys, I'm tired of these weeks of run-run-run and yet having nothing of any importance to report. Although, I guess that's a good thing. Since I've been busy I haven't had time to visit blogs or reply to comments, but I'm hoping to remedy that later this week. Got appts for Mon and Tues, so I'm *crossing my fingers* that the rest of the week is s-l-o-w. 

OH! I DO have something to report! I got my new back doors on Tues. Just in time for some cold weather testing, too. I love, love, love them!
The old exterior door has that fucking grid and it is a pain in the ass to clean. Hated it! The old storm door was paper thin and a piece of shit. There were gaps that let in an abundance of cold air, stinkbugs, and spiders. Good riddance fuckers! 

New exterior door is all glass. I was hoping for more natural light in the laundry room and I got what I wished for. Boom! The kids think it's creepy having all that glass (especially at night), but tough shit. We have no close neighbors, the back door is on a raised deck, and looks out into the woods. Who's going to see in? Slender man? Ah, fuck. I better not mention that even as a joke. lol The storm door is just like our front storm door and has the roll down screen on top for nice days when I want to let fresh air in. I'm happy!

Touching Nature: Leafageddon is still going on with a skirmish here and there, but Backpack Blower and I are prevailing with renewed vigor. The war is nearly won. Of course, having a huge windy storm roll through helped to disperse a good portion of the Leafy Horde, maybe as far as Oz. lol The storm ushered in some extreme nipple weather. Making it down into the 20s for a couple nights. Brrr! That's really chilly for this time of year in NC. Usually we're still experiencing an Indian Summer right around now.

Book News: I think I need to write 6 reviews now. Uggghhhh... Okay, I really need to get some of them done this week. Especially the ones for Fri and Sat. lol

Don't Touch That Dial!: Believe it or not, nothing. Well, except some sports.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: I have a backpack blower for leaves and it works awesomely. So...

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: It's okay to get upset about the shitty fuckhole people out there in the world. It's okay to combat their negative energy with good. It is not okay to get laser-focused on them. Don't forget there are so many more amazing people out there doing wonderful shit EVERY day that you never even hear about because the press likes to emphasize the bad shit. So, let Karma sort those fuckers out. We got too much amazing shit to do to counter balance them to let them rent space in our heads. 

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



7 comments:

  1. I got a laugh over your new door commentary but hurray for the little things that make your day easier and brighter! Have a great week!

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Lit

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that’s a lot of feelings about doors.
    You always make me smile Carol :)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leafageddon LOL Thank you for making me smile today Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new door. My new place doesn't have storm doors but that is on my list of possible improvements. I am not loving the 20s at night and it's happening again this week. I wish you a wonderful week! I enjoyed the Annette Marie books and hope you will.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice doors. Enjoy them :) Hope you have a great week!

    My Sunday Post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the new doors! I can so appreciate what you mean about cleaning the windows on the old ones. Of course, that would suggest I actually clean my windows, something I tend to forget to do... hmmm, guess I need to add that to my cleaning to do list.

    LMAO at the extreme nipple weather! We only had one day like that this past week. We seem to be trying to experience all the seasons in 1 week here in Dallas. Great fun.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete