Sunday, November 3, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 316th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 315th Edition
  • Monday ~ Review ~ My Beautiful Suicide by Atty Eve
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewPopped Off by Jeffrey Allen
  • Thursday ~ Audio Blitz ~ The Journals of Octavia Hollows by Stacey Rourke
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Hunt the Wolf by Don Mann
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Hunt the Scorpion by Don Mann

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ Deeply in You by Sharon Page
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ A Vampire's Promise by Carla Susan Smith
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Amorous Congress edited by F. Leonora Solomon
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Traveling Left of Center by Nancy Christie
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Dream Huntress by Michelle Sharp
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Past My Defenses by Wendy Sparrow
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 317th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Busy, busy, busy. We had the EEOC meeting Monday and they can't help. They did recommend trying the Dept of Labor (it was already on our list) or an attorney. Weds AT&T sent a tech out to fix our internet for the 1000th time and he discovered the phone line we're using is ancient (uh, duh, it's been here since 2000), so he replaced that, the modem, and the ethernet cable under the house as well as the box connections outside which he said they don't even make anymore. Again, duh. 2000 is when the house was built. I asked why the dumbass who installed the U-Verse 3 yrs ago didn't replace the phone line and he said, "Honestly? Laziness." Great. Fucking lazy fucker is probably the reason our internet has still sucked since we got U-Verse. So our speed went up a bit, but it's still not big enough to get wet about. I'm going to check into Verizon's home internet since we literally have a tower we can see from here and our cell service is pretty great.

Touching Nature: Holy shit it got chilly these last couple nights! Nipples are set to stun, so be careful with the hugging. We had a total of 3 1/2" of rain over two days including Thurs when a really nasty thunderstorm rolled through here. Power flickered several times, but rallied.

Book News: I have 6 reviews to write. I suck.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finished season 3 of Dexter and moved onto season 4. Other than that we watched the Carolina Hurricanes with a bit of the World Series thrown in. And of course, NFL on Sundays.

At the Flicks: Nothing

Cyberspace Playground: Nothing

Randomness:  Daylight Savings is stupid.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: My husband ate the wings I ordered for myself and I didn't kill him. Restraint is your friend.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle First
November Pick


Kindle Lending Library
November Pick


Purchased for myself
Hardcover

99¢ box set


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.






4 comments:

  1. You are totally on point with everything! Thanks for the laughs too. I hope you enjoy the Annette Marie books - I have. Have an amazing week with some great reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sucks for your husband! Damn! And here the weather is cold one day then rainy the next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when it starts getting cold. I can key cars with my nips! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Three Mages and A Margarita! I LOVE that series and it gets better as it goes on! The sister series is fantastic from the get go. :)

    I love it when summer time ends... The clocks going back (to normal) suits me much better than when they go forward in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete