Sunday, September 15, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 309th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 308th Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 310th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Okay, so hubby got a phone call on Fri evening (9/6) from the corporate office regarding his termination. He was told a mistake had been made (I'm paraphrasing their bullshit words, but what it boils down to is he was unjustly fired) and they wanted him to come back to work on Monday (9/9). WTF After talking with hubby about it, he really did not trust the company and did not want to return to the toxic environment management has created. Period. He knew if he did return, it was only a matter of time before they fired him again. We do not doubt this at all. You guys, the money is good there and we could really use it, but why would he return to that? In addition, the company said they would NOT reimburse him for lost wages. They could not "pay him for hours he did not work". Seriously?! If they had not made a mistake he would not have been fired, and he would have worked those hours! Fuck them. Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them. So, he's staying at the job he just got. He likes it even if it really doesn't pay enough. Hubby turns 51 today. Life is too short to put up with a toxic and stressful environment. We'll figure something out. 

In other news, Anna turned 22 on Friday. That makes two birthdays this weekend. Yay for cake!

Touching Nature: Been hot. Too hot for September. Ugh. Yesterday was cloudy and not too hot though, so I vacuumed 4 vehicles, but only washed 2: my Pilot and Anna's Civic.

Book News: I wrote 2 reviews, drafted some posts, finished another book. So, I currently have 3 reviews to write.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Still watching Mindhunter. Fascinating show. We have 4 episodes left then we'll probably move onto Dexter.

At the Flicks: Nada

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: The time to do it is now.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


For Review
Gah! I've been waiting a long time for this!



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.




12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to my fellow Virgo, your husband!
    You already know how I feel about the other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the job stuff, that fucking sucks! As much as the extra money could have been great I think it's better to just walk away. You guys really don't need that shit. That really just pisses me off.

    I hope you have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake is good!
    I’m with you, fuck them, the whole schtik just sounds like their attempt to dodge a lawsuit. Make em pay.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake is delicious! Though I'm more a pie person myself. lol

      We're working on some things. If nothing comes of it at least we tried.

      Delete
  4. Good for your husband! I think he is right life is too short to work in such toxic environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nerve of some people. Sounds like the best choice to not return to that job. I really liked Mindhunter and Dexter is one of my favorite shows. I plan to binge it again. I'm watching Unbelievable right now. Really liking the show so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fucking ridiculous. Grrr!

      My daughter has watched all but the end of Dexter. It looks pretty good. :)

      Delete
  6. Mmmm, cake! I do love cake.
    Well done on you and your husband for not going back there! I remember reading your post outlining what happened with his previous employers and they were completely shitty and even though the money is better somethings are just not worth it. Shows they're obviously scared of an unfair dismissal suit though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on your husband for staying firm and walking away from the toxic job. I hope the new one works out.

    ReplyDelete