Sunday, September 8, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 308th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 307th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ TourA Different Time by Michael K. Hill
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ How to Lose a Demon in 10 Days by Saranna DeWylde
  • Saturday ~ ReviewDead Ringer by Mary Burton 

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 309th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Thank you all for the continued posivibes, prayers, and good juju beans. This week has been mentally exhausting. Still no definitive resolution to our overall situation, but tomorrow should bring about closure on at least one front and I'll share next week what that is. We're homing in on a new normal and I'm looking forward to it. My nerves are, too. I have nothing else to report.

Touching Nature: I got the mowing done last Sunday. Hurricane Dorian brought us a small amount of rain and slightly breezy conditions here in central NC. Other than that, it's been not too bad.

Book News: The news here is dismal. I'm barely getting anything read. I do have 3 reviews to write though, so that's something at least. I'm taking a bit of a blog break these next couple of weeks, but I'll still check in with my Sunday Post. I have some tours coming up that I will get read and then I'm going to exclusively read my NetGalley backlog for NetGalley November.

Don't Touch That Dial!: We were going to start Dexter, but decided to continue with Mindhunter. There's only 2 seasons, so we'll get to Dexter soon.

At the Flicks: None

Cyberspace Playground: None

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: When you close the door on a toxic environment you do not open it back up to see if it has changed. It hasn't. Walk away and do not look back.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing this week


For Review
Many thanks to Red Adept Publishing



Kindle Lending Library
September Pick



Kindle First
September Picks



Freebies
I'm too tired to list these. 
Maybe next week.

14 comments:

  1. How is Mindhunter? I am currently binging Criminal Minds but I want to check that one out. I have a few shows I want to watch and hope to so that when both kids are back in school and I have my Fridays to myself.

    Hope things will work out in your favor. I think you are on the right track with everything.

    Have a wonderful week, Carol! Happy Reading! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really enjoying it! Especially since we've already watched Criminal Minds.

      Well, we did not get the answer we were hoping for so we're going about it through other channels.

      Thansk, Michelle! XOXO

      Delete
  2. I'll kepp crossing my fingers for you! And yes I hope you'll soon find your new normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're finding a new normal! Fingers crossed for good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some good stuff about Mindhunter. I'll have to check it our someday soon.
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well for you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunday's breeze was nice. I planted my fall garden. I hope this week things are going well for you. Enjoy your reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planted nothing. Ugh. I hope it turns out well for you!

      Delete