Sunday, December 30, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 274th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 273rd Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
  • Thursday ~ Kindle Review ~ Deadly Visions by Aubrey Harper
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Tangled Lights and Silent Nights an anthology

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Post ~ 2018 Year End Wrap Up
  • Tuesday ~ Post ~ 2018 Book RoundUp
  • Wednesday ~ Discussion ~ Changes
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Tangled Lights and Silent Nights an anthology
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 275th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

May 2019 be better than 2018.

On the Home Front: This month has been insane culminating in a whirlwind trip to Ohio for Christmas. We haven't been in Ohio for Christmas in probably 20 years. However, since we lost dad this year I declared we were going to be there for my mom. We have our own traditions we put on hold and I'm glad we did because mom seemed happy to have us. We left on Sunday, spent Christmas with my mom, my oldest brother, my nephew and his girlfriend, and my oldest son then on the 26th we made a quick stop in southern Ohio to see my father-in-law and his longtime companion neither of whom are in good shape, healthwise. We headed home on Thursday and had a mostly uneventful 8 hr drive back to NC. I got everything unpacked and we had take out for dinner because fuck cooking. Friday morning I picked up Vengeance from boarding (Anna's boyfriend Alex had stayed to watch the cats and the house, but since we lost Snowy in November we thought Vee might feel better at boarding with all his human and doggo friends there) and we opened the presents we left behind, cleaned up, did errands, and then I spent a good portion of the rest of the day cleaning my office which was so not on my list of things to do. Oh, well. lol I also finished a book. Yay! Yesterday was all about grocery shopping (there was a lot of that), cleaning, and swinging by the local shelter to look at some doggos. One named Velvet has been at the shelter 5 months (!) and we like her. If she gets along with Vengeance (we'll need to take him there for a meet-n-greet) we'll adopt her, bring her home, and hope she gets along with the cats. So, that's been my week. Can I go pass out now?

Touching Nature: No clue what it did Sun-Thurs. We came back from Ohio Thurs night and it rained all day Friday. All.Day. Yesterday it got up to 65º. Who knows what it'll do next? Your guess is as good as mine. And the weather forecasters.

Book News: I managed to finish 120 books this year. I think this may be my lowest number ever except when I was going to college and only read textbooks and magazines. I didn't get to finish Tangled Lights and Silent Nights until late Friday night, so the review has been moved to this coming week. I'm also hoping I can get back to visiting and commenting because I have not had time to do that in what seems like forever. I hate that.

Don't Touch That Dial!: We watched some more Christmas movies, just not all the ones we wanted. But that's ok. There's always 2019.

At the Flicks: We did not get to see Mortal Engines or Fantastic Beasts 2. Bummer. There's nothing we want to see now until Captain Marvel comes out in March.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope.

Randomness: Seriously! Yellow means go faster!

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Don't make New Year's Resolutions that are impossible to obtain. If you insist on making a few that will be hard to accomplish, then add a few that are easy. Like, I will not stab anyone this year. Or, I will not wear jammies out in public. All goals become more easily attainable (or at least seem so) when you have some that are in the win column.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is busy! I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday! Hopefully you'll get some chill time in the New Year. Fingers crossed Velvet gets along with the pets. 5 months in a shelter is too long. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to take down the Christmas stuff today and hopefully just do blog stuff including visiting. *fingers crossed*

      5 months is definitely too long. We took her out yesterday with an attendant and she doesn't jump on people or snatch treats out of your hand. The attendant said she's not the prettiest dog so that may be why she's still there. :(

      Delete
  2. Glad you got to spend the time with your mom. I am sure she loved every minute of it. The week sounds busy but fun and spent with family so that is a plus.
    I hope Vee loves the new dog. 5 Months is a long time to be in a shelter. She is going to be so loved!

    Guess I will change my Resolutions of make a million dollars in 2019 to just may try and make like $50. That does seem easier to do.

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seemed to enjoy it. :)

      I sent the shelter an email asking the requirements to bring Vee, but haven't heard back. I guess I need to try and call.

      Yeah, a million is probably a bit high to aim for straight out of the gate. lol

      I hope your week is fantastic, Michelle! XOXO

      Delete
  3. F**k cooking is right after all that driving....Forget about it. I hope you did enjoy your time tho with family. I hope you have a more relaxing time for the New Year. Have a great week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that's right! *fist bump* I did. Very much. :)

      So far it's been a bit hectic, but slowing down. Whew! Still have several things to get done this week, so I hope they get done in a timely matter. lol

      Delete
  4. Well your holiday sounds great even though it was busy. You got to see lots of family. Hopefully, you feel better with a cleaned up office even though it took time.

    I don't really make New Year's resolutions I just have various things I am working on to improve all the time. That jammies one sounds really hard. My problem is more with slippers. I wear slippers in the house and only put on actual shoes when I go out of the house. But sometimes I forget. I have accidentally gone to work in slippers or my daughter's doctor appointment. Gah.

    The weather is up and down between warm and cold. The warm mostly comes with the rain. It looks like it might get up to 65 with sun one day this weekend? Happy New Year! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The office is coming along. I worked on clearing paperwork off my desk today and I can actually see the surface. Yay!

      The jammies thing is fine for some people, but personally, I try to wear at least sweatpants out and about. LOL The slippers thing can be hard to remember if you have the kind with a sole to them. They're too much like shoes. :D

      Delete