Thursday, December 27, 2018

Deadly Visions

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies


*Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library
A PsyChick Cozy Mystery, #1
27 May 2018
Paranormal | Cozy
179 Pages
                                                                                       
My Rating ~ 2 bites


Callie Ranger has visions of people dying and the Universe wants her to save them or it gives her wicked headaches. So, Callie tries, but doesn’t always succeed in changing the future. When her latest vision leads her away from Chicago and straight to her hometown of Picking Hill, Ohio things get complicated and dangerous. Will Callie’s amateur sleuthing be put to a sudden and tragic end? I wish.

The writing for this story is overly simplistic. The characters are like cardboard cutouts; flat, uninspiring, and dumb as a box of rocks. Callie’s friend Lily is annoying as fuck. And it’s told in First Person of which I am not a fan. Honestly, the best thing about it is Callie’s visions and psychic ability, but that’s not much to hang your hat on. Overall, I’m not impressed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this one didn't work for you! It doesn't sound like a book I would enjoy, and I probably would have DNFd it early on. Hopefully your next read is better!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's hard because I want to like all the books. lol

      Delete