Sunday, December 16, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 272nd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 271st Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Kanan by Greg Weisman
  • Thursday ~ ReviewCold-Brewed Murder by Neila Young
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Exposed Fury by Marie Flanigan

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ Colonies Lost  by Ian J. Malone
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Hark! The Herald Angels Scream edited by Christopher Golden
  • Friday ~ Review ~ A Christmas to Remember by various (anthology)
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 273rd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: The big news was the snow. Other than that I think I just *may* have finished my Christmas shopping. Well, shit. I probably just jinxed myself. We're supposed to be picking up the grandbabies on Tuesday for some play time and presents. We haven't seen them in quite awhile. Hubby went back to work Friday night (remember he was laid off since Nov. 5th), but he's just filling in on C shift which means 12 hr nights until January when he's usually 2nd shift. Half the time I don't think his company knows their ass from a  hole in the ground, but whatever. Money coming in is still money coming in. 

In other news: I picked up Snowy's ashes and Anna built a little shrine in her room for her.


Touching Nature: Snow! A fuckton of snow! Ok, maybe not a fuckton, but we got about a foot of the cold white stuff. And a foot of that shit in NC is a big fucking deal. LOL It started around 12:30am Sunday and kept going until late Sunday afternoon. We got plenty to go sledding so we did that for a good portion of Sunday. But by Monday it was starting to melt during the day and refreeze at night, so this past week has been a big fucking mess. Even with 4WD in the Pilot it was tricky getting out and back again. Rain moved in by Friday and our driveway is finally clear, but there is still plenty of snow in huge piles everywhere we go. It'll be interesting to see how long they last. Now for snow pics! If it weren't so early in December there wouldn't be any damn leaves mucking up my beautiful snow pics, but we still have trees with leaves on them, so grrrrr!







Book News: For this coming week I have Colonies Lost in the can, but I'm still working on Hark! The Herald Angels Scream. So I may or may not get that and Friday's reviews up. We'll see.

Don't Touch That Dial!: We've jumped into season 14 of NCIS and so far it doesn't completely suck ass, but we miss Tony very much. We've also finished quite a few Christmas movies and a few not (like Lethal Weapon 2 & 3 lol).

At the Flicks: Not yet.

Cyberspace Playground: No time for cybershenanigans.

Randomness: I'm actually wondering how he got the sweater on.
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: When you lose one pet, be sure to pay extra attention to any others you may have. They're feeling the loss, too.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
No library trip this week.
NC pretty much shut down.


For Review
Many thanks to Red Adept Publishing



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.




4 comments:

  1. I'm done shopping and ready to relax! And that is a ton of snow! The only time I miss it is on Christmas. I used to fly up north to go skiing but those days are behind me. I like my green Christmas:) That dino pic is too funny:)

    http://fuonlyknew.com/2018/12/16/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-291-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...I heard about all the snow you got in NC. That's crazy! Winter hasn't even arrived yet.

    Hope you have a great week and no more additional snow!

    My post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNOW! you guys got lots but I am glad you were able to use your sleds again! :)
    I actually felt better when I got the ashes, I don't know, it felt like they came home. Dexter was so sad after Buttons passed but he knew i was sad too. We did lots of cuddling. :)

    I hope you have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are in western NC. Here in Cary it melted off by Tuesday. Now it's 60 and gorgeous. We still have leaves and they sucked up a round on Friday and will be back January so I need to get out and rake some more!

    I hope you enjoy the How to Save an Undead Life. I've been reviewing the series on audio and enjoying it. I think the books get better as they go along. I got this freebie tho to have it on Kindle also. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete