Thursday, August 16, 2018

Thought I Knew You

*Book source ~ ARC.
My review is voluntary and honest.
14 September 2012
Womens Fiction | Mystery | Romance
278 Pages

My rating ~ 4 bites


When her husband Greg goes on a business trip and doesn’t come home, Claire Barnes is shocked. She can’t just sit around and do nothing, so she and her best friend Drew go to Rochester to look for clues. But what she comes away with are more questions and the fact she may not have known her husband at all. For months she lives in a depressed limbo, barely hanging on for her two small children, but she finally starts to live again. Only to have her life shattered once more. Will she have the strength to put Humpty back together again?

Wow. This is a heck of a mystery. Where is Greg? Is he dead? Did he run off? What happened? Then there’s Claire. The story is told from her POV so all we see are her thoughts and views. And I have to admit, I don’t particularly like her much. But she makes for a great character to follow. The pace is decent, but it does tend to drag a little bit in a few areas. However, the mystery of Greg drives the plot forward and the ending is a heap of surprise with whopper of a twist. It’s definitely a story I continue to think about long after I’ve closed the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment