Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Moseh's Staff

 
*Book source ~ ARC
My review is voluntary and honest.
17 May 2015
Sci-Fi | Steampunk | Mystery
295 Pages
                                       
My Rating ~ 5 bites

Cara and Nate need to stop the Curator. He is beyond evil and they suspect he’s the one who has London held tight in an icy grip even though Spring has sprung for the rest of the country. Queen Victoria is pushing them to fix the problem, but the Curator isn’t just evil, he’s powerful and a slippery bastard. Things come to a head when Cara disappears in a wall of water from the Thames. Even though Nate can no longer feel their bond in Nefertiti’s Heart he knows she’s not dead, no matter what the officials of London have dictated with their spurious Death Certificate. Questions abound that need answers! Will Cara make it back to Nate before he surrenders to his dark side, forever lost to her? How are they going to beat the Curator? Will Inspector Fraser finally get the evidence he needs to convict Nate as a murderer? Inquiring minds want to know!

O.M.Gee! It’s been about 3 years since I read Nero’s Fiddle and even though I’ve loved this series SO MUCH I was worried I would have a hard time getting into this story because I tend to forget things and 3 years is a really long time for me. lol However, I shouldn’t have worried at all. I fell headlong into Cara and Nate’s life like I had never even left. There is nothing to hate or even dislike about Moseh’s Staff. Nothing! It’s got everything a reader could want: romance, danger, love, steaminess (not too much-not that there’s anything wrong with that), a creepy evil villain, mystery, cute stuff, humor, spunkiness, sci-fi (specifically steampunk), and more! There’s even a secondary villain! Ok, villain is a bit harsh to label Inspector Fraser, but he’s definitely not a friend of Nate’s. It’s a hard-to-put-down book that will leave you wanting more. But there is no more. Waaaaaahhhh!!! Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hold on! I just checked the author’s website and there may be a book 5?! *faints from excitement*

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great series that I have been missing out on. ~sigh~ I do have the first book, now if I had all the time in the world to read and catch up on all my series I have started...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! I'm in the same boat. Just mark this as "must read asap" (you know I have like 12 basic levels of "want to read", right? lol) because I think you'll love this series.

      Delete