Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Molten Dusk

*Book source ~ ARC
My review is voluntary and honest.
23 August 2017
Paranormal | Romance | Mythological
270 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

Solina is dealing with a lot of emotional stuff all while trying to hunt down the wolf Skoll so she can kill him before he kills her. Helen is trying to bring about a second Ragnorak and Thorin, Solina, and everyone else they hold dear is in danger. The end is nigh and it’s a race to see who comes out a winner.

Packed to the rafters with action, this final installment of the Norse Chronicles does not disappoint. Well, ok it disappoints a tiny bit. Solina. Oh, Solina. Why do you always have to run off and do things on your own? There’s being independent and there’s being a moron. Luckily, she reins that moronic trait in a bit in this book and finally learns she can depend on others to get the job done. Other than that, this book will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time. What will happen next, who will betray Solina and the gang, and when will the final showdown take place are all questions that bounced around inside my noggin. Fast-paced, well-written, and even some steaminess thrown in (Mmmmm…Thorin) there is something for everyone in this story especially for those who love Norse mythology. However, I really don’t recommend reading it if you haven’t read books 1 & 2. It just won’t have the same impact if you don’t start from the beginning. This is a trilogy I won’t soon forget. Two thumbs up to Karissa Laurel!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for entertaining me. And introducing me to Thorin. Nomnomnom!

      Delete
  2. I loved the twists in "Molten Dusk" they took me to places I would have never dreamed. It's been a few months since I read this book but, as I am sitting here highlights are flashing through my brain. The Norse Chronicles is an amazing series and I am will be a fan of Ms. Laurel's from now on. By the way, great review! And thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad this wrapped up well, even if the protagonist likes to do her own thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them doing their own thing, but I also expect them to learn from past mistakes. Solina does, mostly. lol

      Delete