Wednesday, November 1, 2017

To Sin with a Viking

*Book source ~ NetGalley
Forbidden Vikings, #1
23 July 2013
Historical | Romance
288 Pages

My Rating ~ 1 bite and a nibble

Viking Styr Hardrata, his wife, and his men landed their ship on the shores of Caragh Ó Brannon’s village in Ireland. Caragh and her brother think they are attacking when Styr just wanted to rest before sailing on. From the time they depart the ship things go downhill fast.

Where to start with this one? At first I really liked the characters. Caragh shows fortitude in a trying time and Styr is honorable. And then it all goes to shit. By the end of the inane story I hated them both and wished they’d just drown. The plot is ridiculous, the romance unbelievable, and the characters…just ugh. I nearly gave up on this several times because there’s little to redeem it, but I slogged through. I wish I hadn’t. After about the first 15% or so it’s crap. All of it. And Caragh is not likeable. At all. Oh, she starts out innocent, but after she finds out Styr is married she goes out of her way to tempt him into cheating on his wife. Her behavior is beyond detestable. She can go suck a dick. A single dick. Not a married man’s no matter how fucked up his marriage is. He was an honorable man before he met Caragh. Ugh. Hate her. And now I hate him. What a giant shitball. And that scene in the tent? Who does he think he’s fooling?! WTF?! Ok, rant over. I’m going to make like a dog, kick some grass over this shit and prance away.

No comments:

Post a Comment