Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Desert Sheikh

*Book source ~ NetGalley
5 December 2013
Contemporary | Romance
159 Pages

My Rating ~ 1 bite and a nibble

Trilogy featuring Dr. Sarah Greenwich and Sheikh Akbar in some exotic dangerous desert locale.

Book 1: Kidnapped By The Sheikh

Book 2: Married To The Sheikh

Book 3: The Sheikh's Son

Ok, before I even get into how cringeworthy this trilogy is can I just first address the unfortunate name choice for the sheikh? Akbar? Really?! I can’t even. And yeah, I know the Admiral has one more letter in his name. I don't care.



Now, let’s talk about the most unromantic wooden couple there ever was. And write about them in a mediocre way. With horrible dialog. Let’s make the sheikh progressive in some ways and a total asshole in others. Let’s make the Dr. an idiot with a degree I have no idea how she got because she’s so stupid. And then let’s stir the pot and make it sound like it was written for Harlequin in the 1960s. Ta da! If that’s your thing then have at. If not, you can totally skip this. I’m serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment