Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Shatter

*Book source ~ NetGalley
31 December 2013
Paranormal | Romance
352 Pages


My Rating ~ 3 bites

Halina Beloi has been in hiding for seven years. She’s kept under the radar and prepped for the day she hoped would never come, the day she’s discovered. When that day inevitably dawns she never imagined it would be the man she left behind who would find her and not the enemy searching for her research. Now they’re both running because he’s led them straight to her. He wants answers to why she ran in the first place and she doesn’t want to put him at risk again. Can two stubborn people finally make things right between them and stay alive in the process?

Ok, so I read book 1 in the series, but it’s been 5 years. I remember really enjoying it and vague details, but that’s about it. Then I didn’t read books 2 or 3, so when I started this one I was lost. Completely lost. It took me awhile to grasp the plot and who all the characters were. In fact, after about 2 chapters I had to go back and start over. So, for someone just dropping into the series with this book (which is essentially what I did) the beginning is confusing. However, once it got going it became easier to follow. Points off for “secrets to keep a loved one safe” because I fucking hate that plot device, but otherwise a decent action-packed read. I enjoyed it enough to go back and read books 2 & 3 which is good because I already have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment