Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Avengers, Vol 1

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ The Avengers
Illustrator ~ John Romita Jr.
Publisher ~ Marvel
Published ~ 9 February 2011
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Fantasy
Pages ~ 160


My Rating ~ 3  bites

Kang the Conqueror has traveled from the future to beg the Avengers to go to the future and stop their children from screwing up Earth. As in big time capital A-pocalypse, screw it up. The Avengers are all like, what?! Kids?! What kids?! Anyway, the timeline is all jacked up and things from the past are coming forward and destroying shit in the present timeline. So, the Avengers Assemble, a small team, and go to the future to smack the shit out of their kids while the rest of them stay back to handle timeline clean up duty. But surprise! No, I’m not saying what the surprise is. You gotta read it to see.

Anyway, I’m not a fan of time travel. It hurts my head. Also, this is the 1st Avenger graphic novel I’ve ever read, so I’m a little out of the loop on bad guys both past and present. A bit lost there. Other than that, I love the dialogue and the artwork is fantastic. I wouldn’t be averse to picking up more of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment