Sunday, July 17, 2016

AVR Weekly News ~ 153rd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 152nd Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Post ~ My 2016 July/August InD'tale Magazine Reviews
  • Thursday ~ Kindle Review ~ The Prison Secretary by John Louis 
  • Saturday ~ Tour ~ Tail & Trouble by Victor Catano

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Kindle Review ~Younger by Suzanne Munshower
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Awakening by Shakir Rashaan

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Ok. Last Sunday, if you recall, I was frazzled due to the lightning strike on Fri evening (7/8). My week has been chaos. I don't do chaos very well. Real world stuff completely took over and my book/blog life, internet playing and household duties have plunged to near non-existence. I'm spending the weekend trying to catch up, but I'm happy to announce I am making progress, at least in the domestic responsibilities area. Internet playing is coming in a distant 2nd and book/blog life is so far behind you need binos to see them. 

I'm not going to bore you with all the details of this past week. Let's just say we ran multiple errands to replace electronics, rented a trencher to dig our rocky ground for the new water line and various other crap that kept me from my jammies, the A/C and the internet, and outside where it's been super hot and humid. I've sweat so much I'm surprised I haven't lost 100 lbs. I can't tell you how glad I am that I cut my hair 2 weeks ago. And I mentioned the sweat, right? Because there was copious amounts of it. Ugh. I praise my kids for helping dig outside without a single whine about how damn hot it was. Better than me who cursed the weather quite often. Anyway, the plumber is supposed to be out in the morning to unhook the garden hose bypass and hook up the new water pipe. Then everything should be back to normal. I hope.

Touching Nature: I officially hate Nature. Storms nearly every day (with lightning and torrential rains, not a single gentle rain in sight) and so fucking hot and humid I can't fucking stand it. Fuck this shit. The end.

Book News: I have several posts to draft and 6 reviews to write. I'll have to look them over to remember what they were about because my brain is about as fried as our electronics. My goal is to have them done by Weds. *fingers crossed* I have 2 posts this week then I'm taking a bit of a break before I come back with some scheduled posts for the rest of this month and all of August. I have reviews in reserve for just this purpose. I apologize in advance that most of them will be graphic novels. lol 

Don't Touch That Dial!: We managed to watch the 1st episode of NCIS and we like it so far. I'm still itching to get back to Supernatural though.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: No time for playing.

Randomness: Because reasons.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Be sure to get the amount of sleep your body needs. When you're sleep deprived everything, and I mean everything, you do is so much harder. So do yourself a favor...sleep. That book or show or movie will be there tomorrow. I sometimes have a hard time putting down a book or stopping a Netflix marathon, but when I do I really appreciate it the next day when I feel 666% more efficient. In case you're wondering about this nugget, I haven't had enough sleep this week and I'm really feeling it. *thud*

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Still waiting on #'s 1 & 2



ebooks purchased from Amazon



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Stop, drop and roll.








8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post, even with all the badness. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature just sucks and I am pretty sure one of the bugs by our house I can ride on. We haven't had any bad storms like you guys but you are getting a beating down your way. Good luck with the new water line!

    I had a bunch of reviews to write but am now done to 3. Hope I can finish them today because the next few weeks on the blog will be very slow if I don't start writing posts :)

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the goodness that is NCIS! Tony, Ducky, Gibbs, Ziva, Abby, McGee, happy sigh. And yes, sleep is necessary. I too tend to skip it in favor of a book or NetFlix but then on the weekends, I play catch up. Fingers crossed that Mother Nature is kind to you for the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature does suck. You have your storms and we have our heat. Good luck with all the repairs. I loved NCIS but stopped watching after Ziva left. But it is a good show I just hate when my favorite characters leave. I'm behind on my reviews too so I'm slowly getting through my list. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take it you're really enjoying the heat! I'm with you. Normally I like hot weather but lately it's just been so hot and we haven't gotten a break. Throw in a truly astonishing amount of humidity and I've spent most of my time indoors. That lightening strike sounds like a disaster. We were hit a few weeks ago but were so lucky. It hit the transformer which promptly caught fire but it's utility company property and it didn't make it's way through the house so we thankfully didn't lose anything. It did make for an exciting night with a very enthusiastic volunteer fire department. I love NCIS! It's one of the few shows I feel like held up really well and not too many characters get too crazy though it does go off the rails a time or two. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get you about the weather. So much rain this summer. Tired of it too! Lightning took out my internet for over a week. Then it mysteriously fixed itself right before the repair man arrived. How odd. Stay cool and enjoy those fabulous new reads:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy Brad Thor's books, you have alot of nice looking books here!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a week you've had! I'm assuming you found the water line. Thankfully the week of hell is almost over and you'll have proper water (and pressure!) soon. Water pressure is a big deal to me, having such thick hair.

    ReplyDelete