Thursday, May 19, 2016

BtVS Season 10, Vol 1: New Rules

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ New Rules
Publisher ~ Dark Horse
Published ~ 12 November 2014
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Paranormal | Media Tie-In
Pages ~ 136

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble

From Goodreads:
While slaying the zompires that have overrun a small California town, Buffy and her pals are shocked to discover a new kind of vampire: harder to kill, able to transform and walk in the light of day-like Dracula… If that weren't enough, the rules of magic are literally being rewritten. While the crew attempts to find out exactly what this means and restore the status quo, Xander is the victim of a haunting as his relationship with Dawn crumbles. Collects Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1-#5.

Totally digging this new season of Buffy. There’s fighting, bad guys, a mystery, Spike, and Dracula. I don’t really care about Dawn and Xander and I’m not sure why Anya is back in ghost form or how exactly Giles is back. I think I need to get caught up in the other comics for things to make sense. I wish I had won the lottery. Then I could buy them all instead of relying on the library who, while very generous in purchasing my many suggestions, has yet to get more of the Buffyverse like Angel & Faith. Loving the artwork except for Andrew. I didn’t know who he was until he was addressed by name. He looks a lot like Riley. I’m liking where this season is heading with the wild magic back and the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment