Tuesday, May 3, 2016

#BookishResolutions Progress Report ~ April 2016

The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is hosted by 
Laura at trips down imagination road and Michelle at Because Reading.

The Road So Far...
With my husband's diabestes diagnosis on 4/1 my whole reading plan went out the window as I went into research mode. Educating ourselves about diabetes, searching for diabetic-friendly recipes and stressing about said diabetes diagnosis has taken up most of my time this month. So...I'm scratching the month of April off my calendar. Ok, not really, but I made very little headway in my goals except for the drinking more water (& eating healthier) one. So, silver linings, right?
Reading Goals
1.  Get my NetGalley % up to a minimum of 80. Currently at 45%
**I'm guessing I need to read at least 2 per month to boost my % ~ goal paused

2.  Finish 3 series that I ha
ve started and that are now complete.
          Sookie Stackhouse
          The Hollows
          Night Huntress
**Zero progress on this front so far. Goal=spinning wheels**

3.  Listen to a minimum of 1 audiobook a month in addition to the ones with the boys.
**Goal paused**

4.  Work on backlogged review requests. Try to rebuild review spreadsheet that was lost when computer crashed to help with this goal.
**Spreadsheet may be a bust, but I'll still attempt it some point. Goal paused**
Blog Goals
1.  Write reviews no more than 24 hrs after completing book unless real life interferes.
**Considering I read very little this month, this goal was easy to achieve. Goal reached**

2.  Draft posts for current reads, so I only have to slot in the review when finished. 
**I have all of May scheduled and drafted. I'm working on June now. I'm happy with this goal's progress. Goal reached**

3.  Draft meme posts a few months ahead of time.
**I have all of May and a few in June. Goal reached**

4.  Maintain alternating schedule as closely as possible: M-W-F then T-TH-S with a weekly Sunday Post. 
**Goal reached**

5.  Start new memes: Book Treasures and Kindle Reviews
**Meme graphics done by Michelle at Limabean Designs and first posts are ready for Feb. Goal reached**  Complete
Personal Goals
1.  Develop healthier habits.
         Move more
         Drink more water
         Give yoga a try
**a. Could use more moving ~ will continue to work on this 
b. I am drinking more water and drinks with no sugar.
c. No progress on this front.
Goal in progress**

2.  Get this catastrophe of a filing system under control.
**Not even. Goal in progress**

3.  Write/plot/research my stories a minimum of 20 minutes, 3 days a week.
**Still doing it in my head and not getting it down in black & white. Goal stumbled**

Bonus: Money permitting, finish the Exterior Library. Post pics.
**No extra monies yet.**

No comments:

Post a Comment