Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chasing Can Be Murder

Chasing Can Be Murder
   (Kat McKinley Mystery, #1)
   ~ June Whyte
Publisher ~ Untreed Reads
Published ~ 27 September 2010

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5


Kat McKinley is a greyhound trainer. She’s just had subpar sex with another trainer who is now snoring next to her when her greyhounds start barking. She goes down to quiet them, goes back upstairs, gets in bed and decides to wake Romeo for another round. However, he’s stopped snoring, feels a bit clammy and…is that a knife in his chest?! Can it get any worse for Kat? Oh, boy, you shouldn’t have asked that.

This was an engaging mystery. I was stumped until the end as to who the killer was and that surprised me. I can usually figure it out long before the end. The plot flowed smoothly and the characters were interesting. Though I will have to admit up front that I’m on Team Scuzz. You’ll get it when you read it. *winks*

I look forward to reading the next in the series.

*The publisher provided a copy of the book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a funny read. I love chick lits like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 'Voracious Reader'. So glad you enjoyed the first in my Kat McKinley greyhound racing series:) The next one, MUZZLED, came out last week. And wouldn't you know it...Kat finds more trouble than a hen in a barn full of roosters when she decides to investigate a 'slow dog' scam that's sweeping country tracks. As for her relationship with Ben...well you'll need to read the book to find out what happens he starts reading the Karma Sutra:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Braine ~ If you like STephanie Plum then you'll enjoy this story. :)

    @Juno ~ You're welcome! Brendan was kind enough to shoot MUZZLED over to me and I look forward to reading about Ben and the Karma Sutra! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the place, way cool. Thank you for being friends on goodreads. I can't believe how many books we have in common :)

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori! Thanks! :) I'm getting ready to spiff up the joint. Hopefully by the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete