Sunday, February 19, 2012

His Mistress by Christmas

His Mistress by Christmas
      (Sinful Family Secrets, #1)
   ~ Victoria Alexander
Publisher ~ Kensington
Published ~ 27 September 2011

My Rating ~ 3 out of 5

Lady Veronica Smithson is a widow, independent and outspoken. While never courting scandal outright or deliberately throwing conventions to the wind, she does like to do her own thing and isn’t afraid to pursue her ambitions. After being widowed for three years she’s tired of being alone and, with no desire to remarry and give up her independence, decides to be a mistress to a suitable man.

Enter Sir Sebastian Hadley-Attwater, single gentleman, rogue and explorer who seems perfect for her purpose. The key word there is ‘seems’ when Sebastian surprises everyone, including himself, when he falls instantly in love with Veronica and wants to marry her. Veronica doesn’t want to get married and Sebastian wants her as his wife. Both are stubborn. What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object? Read and find out.

This was an entertaining read. Witty, flowing, with likeable characters. While I did enjoy it I didn’t click with the characters or story as I would have liked and I have no idea why. It puzzles me, but it will not stop me from moving on to the next story in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment