Sunday, July 26, 2026

AVR Weekly News ~ 657th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme AVR Weekly News ~ 656th Edition
  • Monday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Grimoires and Gingerbread by Danielle Garrett
  • Wednesday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Mermaids and Meringue by Danielle Garrett
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Blog Tour: Return of Wraith
 
  • Monday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Sugar Cookies and Sirens by Danielle Garrett
  • Thursday ~ Audiobook Review ~ Hexes and Honey Buns by Danielle Garrett
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ BBNYA 2026 First Round
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 658th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!



On the Home Front

Sunday ~  After finishing the audiobooks of the Night Shift Witch series, I decided to re-read the Vegan Vamp series. I started on Saturday. Read all day today. Kielbasa and fried potatoes for dinner.

Monday ~ Read all day. Fend for yourself for dinner.

Tuesday ~ Read all day. Finished the Vegan Vamp series. Sad now. Oven-baked breaded legs (for me, Anna, & Kyle) and breasts (for Trip) for dinner. Lots of thunder. Like, rumbling all damn day, lots. Zero rain.

Goodreads Challenge Complete
I set my challenge at 50 this year and now I have 62.
I may reset it to 100.

Wednesday ~ Usual morning stuff then did some laundry and a few other household crap that I'd been ignoring while I read for days. BBNYA announced the books that advanced to Round Two. There were 190 entries, Round Two consists of 80 books. I read 23 2,000 word excerpts. Of those, I really liked 17. Of those, 11 made it through. Big sad 6 didn't. The other 6 I was not impressed with and they did not make it through. I shared the announcements on social media so that took a good portion of my afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting my Round Two 10,000 word excerpts! *cracks knuckles* I'm ready! Folded 2 huge loads of towels. Changed bedstuff and washed. Leftovers for dinner. Anna spent the night at Chris's. Rain started around 8:00-ish pm. Poured and poured.

Thursday ~ Took Kyle to work. Still raining hard. Roads really wet. Had to slow down or hydroplane. Went back to bed after. Got up after 9:00. Oops. Did usual morning shit and got soaked walking the dogs. The rain gauge was overflowing at 8ish". Wow! Much cooler out! 68º - nice! I worked on the blog for a bit before Trip and I went to Food Lion for a few groceries. Had lunch (Trip and I shared a cold rotisserie chicken and mac-n-cheese from Food lion for a total of $8 - not bad!) then picked up Kyle at work. Trip rode along to get Pokemon spins. We did a raid, stopped for Dairy Queen then filled up his car at BJ's gas station. Washed clothes. Turkey lasagna for dinner.

This was mom's rain gauge.
It was overflowing until Artemis bumped the post.

Friday ~ Wet day. Still cool. Yay! Only 1/2" in the rain gauge. Did morning shit as usual. Sat down at computer with mug of tea and called social security to ask about Trip's disability. Was on phone for 1 hr 10 minutes. Lady said she pushed notification through to our local office and we should get something in the mail and possibly a phone call. This shit is so ridiculous! While I waited over an hour on the phone I worked up a blog post I was going to schedule for 1am. Oops. But I got it finished and up. Then I folded clean bedstuff and clothes. Cleaned out the fridge. Did up the dishes. Took a shower. Worked on updating The Sunday Post which I had not done all week. Eek. Leftovers for dinner.

Saturday ~ Anna and Kyle had to work. Saturdays are 5am - 11am. Got up, did the usual morning shit and while walking the dogs discovered a bunch of tires had been dumped on both sides near the dead end of our road. WTF! People really suck. Especially since our county has a recycling place to take tires! Lazy piles of shit. Anyway, I slowly got the cleaning underway. I tell myself, get moving and it'll be done faster, but then I'm like...putt putt putt. Finally finished around 1:30. Changed my clothes, grabbed my cold mug of tea, and sat down at the computer to do the Wordle, sort emails, and work on this post. It sprinkled on and off all day. Cooler temps are so wonderful. Kyle is grilling hamburgers today and Chris will be over. I took a break from this post to switch out laundry, put some things away in the pantry, and sort and organize the medicine cupboard. Then I noticed I got bleach on my new purple shirt. 😭


Today If Anna doesn't go into work with Chris (for doubletime) and we don't work on her room then I will read. If she does then I will read. lol

New Year's Resolutions/Goals
I thought I'd keep a weekly record of these so I can see if anything is getting done. 😆
More reading, less tv ~ I binged for a couple of days.
Go back to the beginning and revamp old blog posts ~ Nothing this week.
Exercise ~ No.
Tidy up outside ~ Nope. It was hot then it was wet. Yay for wet!



Touching Nature:  I did no touching except for feeding and watering critters. We did get a massive amount of rain Weds evening into Thursday. Over 8". And cooler temps. From 90s to 60s/70s. Woohoo!

Book News:  I read Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Murdoch Mysteries. I'm on Season 11 now. Not sure if I'll keep going. I know the episodes are still familiar so I've gotten this far before.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Wordle, Word Lots, Word Search, Solitaire, Pokemon, and the Finch app - if anyone wants to be friends just let me know.

Randomness:   

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: If you're going to buy a bird bath, get one that is smooth inside. Any bird bath with a design is a pain in the ass to clean. And you want to keep them clean for the health of your critters. Even better is if you get one deep enough for one of those little solar fountains, so the water keeps moving.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


NetGalley
For Review




B&N
ebooks




Chirp
One sale purchase
&
Freebie Friday Finds

sale ~ $4.99







2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you getting in some reading. I also appreciated the cooler weather and rain but now I have to try to get in mowing before it gets too hot.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete