Monday, April 29, 2024

Time-Marked Warlock


Adair Finch is the most powerful warlock in the world, and one of the best private investigators for hire. He has dealt with corporate vampires, murderous werewolves, and even fae royalty. Everything was perfect until he lost one case—the case where he also lost his brother.

So Finch retired. From magic. From PI work. From everything.

Bree Blackstone, a twelve-year-old witch, doesn’t know or care about any of that except Finch’s reputation. In the middle of the night, she bangs on Finch’s door. Her mother has been murdered, and now the assassin is after Bree as well.

Reluctantly, Finch agrees to help, only to discover something sinister has been brewing in town while he ignored the world… He’ll need to dust off all his old skills and magic before it’s too late.

Book source ~ TWR Tour
Urban Fantasy
1 August 2024
402 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites

Buy Links
(will be updated as soon as available)



Adair Finch,a 30-something jaded and reclusive warlock.


Bree Blackstone, a 12-year-old witch whose mom was murdered and her dad kidnapped.


Kull, a very old mischief spirit.


Before the end these three will be linked together as a crime solving team. Hopefully for many books to come.



Well, butter my ass and call me a biscuit. I actually have no idea what that means, but it seemed appropriate. This story is a whopper of a good tale! You know how Star Trek:TOS (The Original Series) is great. Then comes Star Trek:TNG (The Next Generation) and it’s the same great premise, except different but no less great than the original? Well, I look at Adair Finch as Harry Dresden: The Next Generation. And since I fucking love The Dresden Files that’s the highest compliment I can give Time-Marked Warlock.


I’ve read some good books recently, but since my mom died last July, very few have really held my attention in an iron grip like this one. Thank you for that.


The world, the pacing, the characters, the mystery, and the humor are what keeps the pages turning. These characters feel absolutely real. Like, I could open my door at 4:34am and there they’d be. The magic is original, fresh, and new. The mystery really kept me guessing and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to find out whodunnit. I love this world and can’t wait to dive back in. I sincerely hope the author has plenty of stories for Adair and gang brewing in that wonderful brain because I will be the first in line to pick them up. If you like urban fantasy then I cannot recommend this enough!



Shami Stovall is a multi-award-winning author of fantasy and science fiction. Before that, she taught history and criminal law at the college level, and loved every second. When she’s not reading fascinating articles and books about ancient China or the Byzantine Empire, Stovall can be found playing way too many video games, especially RPGs and tactics simulators.




2 comments: