Thursday, September 21, 2023

And Then There Were None



A killer stalks a group of ten total strangers on an isolated island off the Devon coast, in a suspenseful story of murder and retribution, set to a sinister nursery rhyme.

Book source ~ Library
Mystery
6 November 1939
204 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble


A group of strangers, an island, a storm, and…murder. Well, multiple murders. Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a killer by the toe, before you become the next victim.


Well. A classic that is a head scratcher for sure. This is the first Agatha Christie I’ve read and I have to say, what the hell took me so long? I’d probably still have them on the sideline if this title wasn’t a pick for my Twitter group book club. Racism aside (it is a fucking old book, but still, cringe) I find the mystery quite engaging. Each time I think I have it figured out, boom! My pick for the killer ends up dead. What should be frustrating instead is intriguing. Inventive and twisty is the name of the game and if this is how all her books are then I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment