Monday, April 24, 2023

They Lie Here

TWO MYSTERIES. ONE CITY. MANY LIES.

Kat Green has made a career out of tracking down reclusive former celebrities. When she moves to the quaint English city of Waelminster, she’s on the trail of enigmatic pop star Roskoe Darke, of the band Scorpio Hearts. He hasn't been heard of since 1985, but she's confident she'll find him. However, as the clues become more bizarre and sinister, Kat has to confront the darkness of her own past. Who can she trust when everyone is hiding the truth?

Book source ~ TWR Tour
4 November 2022
Thriller | Mystery
271 Pages

 My Rating ~ 3 bites and a nibble



Kat Green tracks down former celebrities who have dropped out of the public eye. Which seems like a dick move to me. But several that she found have made a comeback, so I guess that’s ok? Maybe? Anyway, she’s now obsessed with Roskoe Darke, who belonged to the band Scorpio Hearts. He quit the band and disappeared in 1985. With very little to go on will Kat find him?


Kat is a loner. She moves around a lot chasing down celebrities who have dropped out of the limelight. I’m not sure why she feels the need to do this. If I dropped out of sight I’d want people to leave me alone. Anyway, she is a pretty good detective. She has way more patience than I would which is why I’m not a detective, with the police or private.


I didn’t really connect with Kat or the guy she meets, Seth. Something about him just seems off, but that may be me projecting. Roskoe’s mysterious disappearance is a bit of a stretch, but who really knows? I love the reveals that happen, but I’m dissatisfied with the ending. So this ends up being a mixed bag for me. However, I think it’s a decent mystery with a tiny bit of sci-fi (possibly?) thrown in, so pick it up and let me know what you think.


N S Ford is a book fanatic, blogger and cat lover who lives in the UK. She is the author of two cross-genre psychological thrillers, 'We Watch You' and 'They Lie Here,' plus a new collection of dystopian short stories, 'After the Burning' as well as the editor of The Indie Books & Authors Newsletter.



No comments:

Post a Comment