Monday, October 31, 2022

Mosaics and Magic ~ Joint Review with Bea's Book Nook

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Freebies
After a too long hiatus, we're back!
Joining me today in a joint review is Bea from Bea’s Book Nook. Thanks, Bea!
I miss doing these. Real Life can be a bitch, amirite?



Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited
Paranormal | Mystery
28 September 2022
213 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites and a nibble
Bea's Rating ~ 4 stars
Plot

AVR: This mystery was a bit hard to solve. Things just didn't seem to fit just right and fall into place easily so I was kept guessing between suspects. 
This one? No, this one. Ah, maybe not? I like that Lucy and Rafe can’t get away from murder even on their wedding day. Sorrynotsorry. lol

Bea: Woooo! We finally got Rafe and Lucy's wedding! And of course, things went wrong, lol. The theft and the murder were intriguing, with several suspects and no clear front-runner. I had my suspicions and several times wondered if it was the character that eventually was revealed as the villain. But I failed to actually figure it out.

Characters

AVR: I'm enjoying the character growth though I would have liked to see more of Violet in this addition. Her life seems to be in the most flux and it would be nice to see her heading in a more positive direction.

Bea:  I missed Violet also and would like to see what Warren does with her. While Violet wasn't there, many others were and it was good to see them. Lucy has grown so much over the books and I've enjoyed the journey. The vampires don't change as much but seeing their personalities and quirks is interesting. And we got to meet Lucy's best friend Jennifer, who I also enjoyed.

World building

AVR: Lucy is finally doing more with her magic and it's about time. Jeez, you'd think it was something horrible the way she behaves towards it. The world is expanding with the addition of a store in Cornwall and Lucy's best friend Jennifer also being a witch. Everything is moving forward and not stalling. I like it.

Bea: It was good to see Lucy do more with her magic, and the growth there is impressive. Too bad she's still a poor knitter. I appreciate the humor and juxtaposition of her owning a yarn and knitting store while being such an inadequate knitter.

Romance

AVR: The romance balances the mystery just right. And they're finally married and settling in, but the romance is alive and sweet.

Bea: Still sweet, and swoony. They are married finally but instead of being on their honeymoon, they are hunting for a thief and a murderer, who may or may not be the same individual. Both Rafe and Lucy keep their spirits, and romance, up. They do the sweetest things for each other.

AVR's fave quote:

Rafe: "I thought this day would never come." re: their wedding Awww! heart melts

Rafe: "And to Lucy, I want you all to know, and to say this in public, that I didn't know you were the woman I was searching for until I found you." swoons

Bea's fave quote:

Lucy and Rafe: "Show-off." I muttered it under my breath, but of course vampires have extremely good hearing.

He said, "Well, you can show off the next time you tuck into a plate of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and I can only watch you."

Rafe and Lucy: "I've got a collection of jewels I've picked up over the years, but I bought this one new for you. I saw it and knew it would look right."

 I ran up and threw my arms around him. "You are the best husband ever," I said.

He looked down at me with a wry smile. "Let's see if you still feel that way when we've been married an entire week.

2 comments:

  1. Real life can def be a bitch! And now we have another related series to choose from, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete