Thursday, June 9, 2022

Payne and Sacrifice

















Taking down the nanite-enhanced Storm Bringers was only the beginning. Detective Amber Payne and her team of “strays” still have to find and capture the woman who created the super soldiers – former Securi-Tech board member, Carol Conley.

And while Conley may be at the top of Securi-Tech’s most wanted list, for Amber, the case is more personal. For Conley was responsible for the death of Amber’s former partner, and she’s determined to bring the homicidal maniac to justice… no matter what it costs her.

Book source ~ Purchased
Amber Payne, #3
13 April 2021
Sci-Fi
354 Pages

My Rating ~ 5 bites


Amber Payne is a cybernetically enhanced Detective for Securi-Tech, a private police agency. She and her team have been hunting the villainous Carol Conley, former board member of Securi-Tech. They nearly had her, but then she slipped away. Amber is determined to make sure Conley is brought to justice, but first they have to find her. Again. Sneaky treacherous bitch.


I cannot express how much I enjoy the Amber Payne series. This 3rd installment is right on par with books 1 & 2. The world is complex and yet easy to understand. The writing is sublime, the dialogue flows naturally, and the characters, oh my, the characters. They are intricate, talented, and flawed. I love them so so much. There’s mystery, danger, lots of technology, and, is that a little honest-to-goodness romance sneaking up on poor Amber? Twists and turns and, holy fuck, that ending. Shit. What’s next?!


When I started book 1 I had no idea where this cyberpunk thriller series was going to lead me. I’m so happy I’m along for the ride. If you like sci-fi then pick up this book for the characters alone. I promise you won’t regret it. Well, you might want to start at Streets of Payne because you’ll want to invest in Amber from the beginning. Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment