Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Becoming Crone

My Kindle Reviews will consist of:
Kindle Lending Library
Kindle Unlimited
Kindle First
Purchases
Freebies


Book source ~ Review copy. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
17 June 2021
Fantasy | UF
212 Pages

My Rating ~ 4 bites
 

Claire Emerson has just turned 60, she’s recently divorced, and is a grandmother. What’s this nonsense about magick and a war involving Mages and she’s been chosen to be Crone? Not A crone, but The Crone. And being Crone also means she has a cranky gargoyle in a hidden house in the woods and a sexy wolf shifter who is supposed to protect her. Say what again? Claire is about to go through some things. It’s a good thing she has experience, brains, and a sense of humor because she’s going to need them all and more.

Yay! For once we get a main character who is older. There aren’t many of those around. Rarer than hen’s teeth they are! Ok, maybe not that rare lately since we’re finally getting some older MCs out there. As someone who is above 50, I like seeing some older women kick some ass. Although Claire isn’t so much kicking ass yet because she has no idea what the hell is going on. I like her humor and her willingness to believe something may be happening besides a stroke. I like the plot and the execution. I’m not so fond of the blanks in the back story. I have a lot of questions, as I’m sure Claire does, too. I know the whole wad can’t be blown at once, but some of it could have been filled in more. In any case, this is a great tale of a mature woman who has had a major life changing event happen just when she was looking for a purpose in her life. I’m not sure this is what she had in mind, but she’s rolling with it. As most of us do. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment