Sunday, August 1, 2021

AVR Weekly News ~ 406th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 405th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Blitz ~ Cliff's Descent by Dianne Duvall
  • Thursday ~ Tour Review ~ Kings & Daemons by Marcus Lee
  • Tuesday ~ Tour Review ~ The Legend of Hobart by Heather Mullaly
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Cliff's Descent by Dianne Duvall
  • Friday ~ Kindle Review ~ Herringbones and Hexes by Nancy Warren
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 407th Edition

Hello and Happy Sunday!

It's August already!!

On the Home Front: Once again I'm late getting this post ready because we were busy with the garden shed. But it's done! I have nothing else to report this week. Here is a photo of our triumph.
I'd be moving all my tools and equipment in right now if I didn't have 100 other things needing done, shit that got shoved aside so we could get this bastard project finished. Also, we had thunderstorms this morning and more supposedly rolling in later. So far, the new shed does not appear to have any leaks. Yay!

Touching Nature: Hot, humid, and disgusting. Trip and I moved a bunch of gravel Friday. We put some around the garden shed, the front of the Exterior Library, and by where we go under the house to change the water filters. We wondered what would break first, our bodies or our spirits. LOL Hubby and I finished the garden shed yesterday. I want to slap some linoleum down and it'll need painted (probably this Fall when it's cooler), but it's finally done. Yay!

Book News: I took a day on the 27th to read Cliff's Descent as soon as it pubbed. I still have many reviews to write.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Trip and I finally managed to advance on our Marvel chronological rewatch. We did Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man. Hubby and I continue making our way through Medium.

At the Flicks: Not yet

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: When the grandkids came along I didn't want to reinstall the safety hardware on my cupboards again, so I just use hair scrunchies on the cupboards I don't want them in. It also works for pets ever since we discovered Captain Kirk has been getting into the cupboard under the kitchen sink to get to the eggshells. I have no idea why the little shit wants eggshells but now he can't get them. This only works if you have two doors and thus two knobs. I twist the scrunchie like an infinity symbol until it's the tightness I want then loop each end around a knob. Ta da. Instant child/pet lock.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.


From the library
Nope


Freebies
Nope

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha your posts are always so much fun to read: "shit that got shoved aside so we could get this bastard project finished." "We wondered what would break first, our bodies or our spirits. LOL"

    Sorry...so many bloggers and so many pets I lose track...Is Captain Kir a cat or dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to provide a LOL now and again. :D

      Captain Kirk is a cat. But Mr. Puggles (a dog) was enjoying the eggshells, too. Wtf? Anyway, we have 4 dogs and 4 cats and even I sometimes can't keep them all straight, so no worries. LOL

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the completed shed - it was SO hot! Now hopefully you can have a break!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was awful last week! Ugggh! At least this week will be a tad cooler even if it looks like it might rain a couple days. We do need to tame the feral greenery though. I wonder if we should tackle that today. Hmmmm...

      Delete
  3. The shed looks great!
    Lol, my youngest is 15 and I still haven’t bothered to take the child proof locks off ;)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      LOL I took ours off when the youngest was around 10 (I'm so lazy lol) then had to put some of them back on when my step-daughter, her husband and the two little ones moved in a few years ago. When they moved out I took them off again. I am not putting them back on at this point. LOL

      Delete